A Masquerading Rose part 2

Start from the beginning

"You weren't wearing one when I got you." Trevor told her, then he walked out.

"Damn, I really liked that scarf." Elena mumbled quietly. Then she turned towards Rose, "You said I'm not allowed to leave, but can I at least explore? I am bored out of my mind."

"Fine, but only the bottom floor." Rose growled.

"Yay!" Elena cheered and walked out to start exploring.

Around two hours later Elena found Rose in a room and decided to join her.

"So, what do you want from me?" Elena chirped.

"You keep asking like I'm actually going to answer." Rose glared at her.

"It's not like I can go anywhere and you did have me kidnapped so the least you can do is tell me why." Elena looked at her seriously.

"Personally, I want nothing from you; I'm just the delivery service." Rose smirked.

"You are a human trafficker!!!" Elena shouted at her in mock accusation.

"No!" Rose looked offended at the mere thought.

"Oh, so who are you delivering me to? Elijah?" Elena suddenly calm as a cucumber again.

"Two points to the eavesdropper." Rose glared.

"Is he a vampire?" Elena wondered as she looked around the room.

"He's one of the vampires, the originals." Rose turned to her.

"So, you are, like, a food delivery service or something then?" Elena chuckled as she looked at Rose.

"Haven't the Salvatore's been teaching you vampire history?" Rose asked.

"You know Stefan and Damon then?" Elena hummed.

"I know of them. A hundred years back, a friend of mine tried to set me up with Stefan." Rose explained. "She said he was one of the good ones. Om more of a sucker for the bad boys though but I digress."

"Oh, I though you and Trevor..." Elena trailed off.

"Trevor is my best friend and we've been running for 500 years." Rose turned towards Elena again. "We're using you to negotiate ourselves out of an old mess."

"It's because I'm a doppelgänger, isn't it?" Elena murmured.

"You do know some things at least." Rose smirked. "You are the key to breaking the curse."

"Isn't the moonstone the key to breaking the sun and the moon curse?" Elena asked slowly.

"No, the moonstone is what binds the curse." Rose smirked at her again. "The sacrifice is what breaks it."

Then Elena suddenly remembered who Elijah was and why the moonstone was important. Oh, poor Niklaus who had been forced to live as only half of himself for centuries.

"I'm the sacrifice, aren't I?" Elena hummed even if she already knew.

Rose and Elena walked back into the room where Elena first woke up, still talking.

"Why can't they use Kathrine?" Elena looked at Rose.

"Captivity had made her pushy, eh?" Trevor chuckled as he walked in. "What do you want to know doppelicious?"

"Well, you could tell me why they can't use Kathrine in the sacrifice and who you are running from." Elena smiled gently at him, wondering if she could save him.

"Because the sacrifice needs a human doppelgänger." Trevor told her. "As for who we are running from; The Originals."

"I assume by that, that they are the original vampires." Elena said thoughtfully.