Chapter 28 - What friends are for

When we reached Alisson's place, my pants had visible wet strips from the amount of time I had wiped my moist hands against them. I could tell from the death grip Kyle had on the steering wheel that the situation was driving him mad.

While we waited for Samuel to get to my place, I went ahead and knocked on Kyle's door praying he was home. One look at my distressed look and concern filled his features.

"Grab a coat, I need your help." I pleaded, he didn't even bother asking me what it was, he simply did as told and followed me back into my apartment where Alisson was still crying in Marketa's arms. I silently filled him and. I could tell this situation was angering him more than I had ever seen before. His hands kept balling into fists with each word until I wasn't sure my walls were safe from any collateral damage.

If I was feeling nervous, I couldn't begin to imagine what Al was going through. I had driven over with Kyle while Alisson and Marketa were sat in the back of Samuel's car.

"Stay in the car," Kyle ordered once we were parked. His voice was stern and directing but that didn't mean I was going to listen.

"Like hell I am," I countered. Before he could say anything else, I continued in a calmer voice. "The more we are the better, Al will feel better if we're there to help her pack. This way you guys can just focus on keeping the psycho away," I explained.

I could see the conflict my words had brought in his eyes. On one hand, he knew I was right and on the other, I could tell he didn't think it was safe.

I gently placed my hand in his forearm, looking him straight in the eyes when I added "I'll be okay." I wasn't lying, I knew neither Kyle nor Samuel would let anything happen to us. Plus, I was hoping that seeing two muscular football players in front of him would deter the asshole from trying anything stupid.

He leaned in closer gently pecking me on the lips. "Be careful. I'm only a few meters away if you need me." I nodded, no doubt he would be by my side in the blink of an eye if trouble arose.

We hadn't even reached the front door when it swung open. I barely recognized Luke, he had been well dressed during the double date, but now he was wearing stained clothes that probably hadn't been washed in days. His hair was greasy and all over the place, no doubt an effect of the beer bottle he was holding in his hand.

"Look who's back," he voiced out venomously. Al stopped, looking terrified. "I guess you just can get enough," he continued while pointing to his junk. Not only was he disgusting but he enjoyed embarrassing Al in public. I swear if it wasn't for the in-and-out strategy we had opted for then I might have tried to argue with him. God knows I had enough adrenaline coursing in my veins to last for days.

Marketa and I were by her side, while the boys walked past us and into the house. "Get the hell out of my house!" he yelled, but the guys ignored him a carried on making a human wall between him and Al as she passed through the door.

"You're so full of shit Al! You can't even come home without bringing with you a little army," he seethed.

"Shut the hell up," I heard Samuel yell angrily as he pushed Luke hard against the wall.

"Get your filthy hands off of me!" he responded scratching at Samuel's arm. "I'll call the fucking cops if you don't let me talk to my girlfriend."

Kyle chuckled sadistically, "Please call them," he defied "You're one lucky fucker we haven't done it yet."

Al's shaky breath got my attention, I gently rubbed my hand on her back, hoping it was a comforting gesture for her. She scurried away in the kitchen grabbing everything that belonged to her and tossing it in the boxes Samuel had brought along with him from their house.