Ch 11

"Speaking of family. We reached out to Laura. We told her what happened. She and the kids are on their way as we speak." Romanoff says getting my attention and I turn around to face the woman.

"Wha-  you guys shouldn't have done that since we don't know exactly what's going on." I shake my head.

"Well we have to tell her before things get out of hand and we give her really bad news." She justifies and I sigh with a clench of my jaw.

I turn back around and pick up my sandwich but Romanoff asks something that makes me stop before I can even open my mouth.

"Why did you betray SHIELD?" Is the question that takes me by surprise.

Who does this chick think she is?

I turn around slowly and my blue eyes lock with her green.

"I mean by the looks of it-

"I didn't betray SHIELD. Fury always twists the story to his narrative. Shouldn't you know that by now?" I raise a brow making her do the same at my response.

The door opens getting our attention as we turn to it.

"Speak of the devil." I mumble as Fury steps into the room and he raises a brow.

"It's been a long day. You're free to go get some rest. Shower, clear your head. I don't need you turning this place into a fight club." Fury tells me.

"You trust me to come back?" I raise a brow.

"You can do whatever you please. But if you want me to keep up with my end of the deal. Yes." He says and my jaw clenches.

"Whatever." I shake my head and open a portal walking through it.

~

I'm getting out of the shower in my motel room, towel around my waist and another over my shoulders. I wipe the foggy mirror and look into my reflection. With a sigh I start to brush my teeth.

Flashback

I was in the shooting range inside of SHIELD, the room was empty except of me. Just the way I liked it, peace and quiet-

The door opens making me lower my bow and place it on the table in front of me. I turn around to see some guy next to Fury.

"I don't like interruptions, Fury." I sigh.

"I came to introduce you to your new mission partner." He tells me.

"Partner?" I raise a brow since I don't really do partners.

"What's your name?" I nod at the guy.

"Clint Barton-

"Your enemies will know you by your government name? That's a death wish." I scoff with a shake of my head.

"I'm known as Hawkeye." He then says.

"Yeah sorry no. There's already a Hawk representing SHIELD and that is me-

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Better than you. What's your weapon of choice?" I ask.

"Bow and arrow." He answers and I turn to Fury.

"Seriously? You got a guy version of me for a partner?" I question the one eyed man.

"You use a bow and arrow too?" Hawkeye asks curiously.

"Crossbow." I say looking back at my prized possession on the table and he nods.