Ch 7

A few days later, a nice crisp evening

The sun was starting to set and I finished zipping up my second duffle bag that had some clothes. The first one with my "professional" gear ready to go by my motel room's door. I was dressed in a black hoodie and black jeans and shoes. I release a breath swinging the duffle bag over my shoulder and make my way to the door grabbing my other bag then head out the room and down the stairs. As I walk through the parking lot a black car pulls up next to me. I go to grab my gun that was tucked in my pants as the window rolls down, when I see who it is I hesitantly stop and lower my hand.

"Skipping town?" Hill asks and I roll my eyes.

"I've stayed here too long. Need a new place to crash for the next couple days." I say as I turn to look across the street where another crappy motel stood.

"Fury wants to see you." She states getting my attention, making me look at her then down at my watch.

6:17 pm

"Tell 'em to hit me up during my business hours." I shake my head going to walk away.

"Your business hours are when we need you." She says making me stop and turn back to her.

"We?" I raise a brow and she rolls her eyes.

"SHIELD. Now get in the damn car." She tells me as I hear the doors unlock.

"Can I at least secure a room first? I don't really feel like sleeping on a rooftop tonight, it's starting to get cold." I sigh motioning across the street.

"Fine, get in." She says and I release a breath opening the back seat door placing my bags there and hop in the front seat.

~

"Y'know, you didn't have to come all the way up to the room with me." I say looking briefly over to her as I walk to my room.

"I'm making sure you're not gonna run off." She shrugs looking around the motel hallway and other tenants who I refer to as tweakers while I roll my eyes.

I get to my room and use my key card to open the door. This motel was far better than the last as far as I could tell.

"At least this place feels more insulated, thicker walls." I sigh, tossing my bag of clothes on my bed then place my other gear next to the bed carefully.

"Um. Is that body tape?" Hill asks pointing down at a spot on the floor.

I look over to see a body outline made out of tape. I walk over and pull it off from the floor.

"Not anymore." I say tossing it in the trash.

"Come on lets go." I nod towards the door.

We make it back to her car and take off. The car ride was silent and the silence was killing me since our last encounter was not necessarily a positive one.

"Don't touch the radio." She says as my hand was reaching for exactly that.

....

Moments later I slowly go to reach for it again and it seems like she doesn't notice this time. When I go to touch the dial she grabs my wrist and twists it, ultimately dislocating it.

"Ah!" I pull my hand back.

"I said don't touch." She responds not sparing me a glance and I lowly mock her before turning down to my hand.

I bring my left hand up and a small orange hue light emits from it as I hover it over my right, using magic to bring my right hand back to its original state making me groan slightly.