Chapter One: What's Going On?

Mabel's Pov

I woke up to the delicious smell of my Grunkles Stancakes. I looked over to the other side of my room and saw a figure still sleeping in bed. I quietly got up from my bed and went into the bathroom. I grabbed a small bucket from under the sink and filled it with glitter and water. Once it was filled, I brought it over to the sleeping figure.

"Dippy, wake up." He groaned in response and stirred in his sleep, I chuckled at this and raised the bucket over his head. "Come on bro bro wake up or else~" I finished in a singing tone but he remained still. "Okay don't say I didn't warn you~" I sang again, but he still didn't move so I poured the bucket of water on him. He shot up out of bed gasping as I fell to the floor laughing at him.

"Mabel what the heck was that for!" Dipper exclaimed gesturing to his now soaked glittery shirt. "I told you to wake up and you stayed in bed" I replied still trying to catch my breath. "You could've just shaken me awake!" He exclaimed louder, rushing off into the bathroom. I laughed and headed downstairs. When I got down the stairs, I was greeted by our Grunkle Stan.

"Hey sweetie" Grunkle Stan said as he handed me a plate of Stancakes. "Hi!" I said taking my plate and thanking him. He moved around the table and sat down in front of me. "Mabel, where's your brother?" "Probably taking a shower since I poured glitter water all over him." He gave me a look of approval and went back to eating his food.

"Actually, I'm starting to get worried for him." I told him in a concerned tone. "Why? He seems fine to me." "Well he's been coming home late recently, he's exhausted, withdrawn, on edge and unmotivated." I explained. Grunkle Stan nodded and thought about it then said, "He has been coming home late recently, but then again he does have a boyfriend now." I sighed and continued "Yeah I guess you're right, but what about all the other things?" He shrugged and said,  "I haven't really noticed any of those things, maybe you're just imagining it?" 'Maybe but he was fine when we left, so what changed?' I thought.

Just then Dipper walked out of the room and walked down the stairs. "Hey bro bro, how was your bath" I asked with a snicker. "It was amazing Mabel" he said sarcastically, moving around the table and taking a seat. "So, Dipper you do remember were going out today right?" I asked and he dropped his fork. "W-what, oh y-yeah um where and who are we going out with again?" He asked, worry slipping into his tone. "Were going to do karaoke with Pacifica, Gideon, Candy, and Grenda." I answered enthusiastically, but he looked sad.  "Oh okay" he said quietly. "Don't be too lovey dovey with Gideon or you'll gross us out" I said trying to make him laugh. "Hehe, okay" he said with a fake smile. "Dipper wha-" I was cut off by the door.

"I-I'll get it" Dipper said getting up and rushing to the door. 'Dipper, what are you hiding......' Dipper opened the door and Gideon walked in "Hey love~" Gideon said giving Dipper a kiss on the cheek and wrapping his hand firmly on his waist. 'Is that normal?' I thought as Grunkle Ford walked in the kitchen and cleared his throat. "Oh, hey y'all" he said waving to us with his free hand.

"Hey Gideon, where is everyone?" "Oh, there right outsi-" Gideon was cut off when Candy and Grenda pushed him out of the way, making Dipper and him fall to the ground. "MABEL!" They screamed as they tackled me in a hug "GIRLS!" I yelled as I returned their hug. When I hugged them back and looked over their shoulders; Gideon was on the ground and Dipper was getting up. Dipper tried to help Gideon up, but Gideon swatted his hands away and said something to Dipper which made him pale. "Dip-" I was cut off again by Pacifica who just walked in. "Let's go I'm tried of waiting in this hot car!" she exclaimed and we all rushed out.

Outside of the Mystery Shack was a black limo, Pacifica led us to the car and two men in a black tux opened the doors for us as we got in. On our way there I spent the entire ride talking to the girls. I had completely forgotten about the others two presences in the car until I heard one of them wince. I glanced over to see Gideon gripping Dippers leg as Dipper gave what seemed like a strained smile. I went to question it, but I was interrupted by the girls. 'am I letting my mind get the best of me or is something going on between them.....' I thought before going back to my conversation with the girls.