1. Italian Summer

It was the first summer Lorette would be spending without the Weasleys. The Weasleys had planned a trip to Egypt, all summer long. This left Lorette stuck with her brothers and sisters at home. But of course, her mother would not be able to stand them whole summer with them. She could barely stand them for the few weeks they spent at home during the holidays.

So when Molly announced they would be in Egypt all summer, Mrs. De Rossi immediately planned a trip to send her six children away. They would spend the summer at Lorette's grandparents house. Worst summer ever.

"Aria, do you have everything ready for the summer? You have an early trip tomorrow" Lorette's mother barged into her room.

"Yes mother, everythings packed and ready to go."

"Good I don't want to be late tomorrow."
...
Lorette's mother was the only person who called her by her middle name, Aria. She called all of her children by their middle names. Most people just called Lor or Lory, except for her father who called her "LorLor".

Lorette never had a good relationship with her mother. Amira was a cold woman who never formed bonds with her children. She was a very prestigious woman of high honor. She was what most would consider perfect; pureblood, extremely wealthy, bright green eyes, dark brown hair, and of course, she was part of veela. That's probably how she managed to trap Lorette's father into marriage. Though everyone else viewed Amira Fawley De Rossi as a perfect and kind woman, her daughters viewed her as the complete opposite. Rude, blunt, and heartless. They probably saw her this way because they, too, were part veela.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: yes, I know you can't be part veela and be pureblood, but let's pretend like you can be.

Mrs. De Rossi had always favored her sons over her daughters. Lorette's grandparents had moved with their young children, including Lorette's father, from Italy to England. Their children all had thick accents at the time, which they slowly lost as they matured. They all attended Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry and were all ravenclaws.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: the change i made to this chapter is HERE:

Soon after he graduated, Vittorio De Rossi, Lorette's father, fell in love with  a beautiful brunette with bright green eyes. They married and went on to have six beautiful pureblood children together. Though they quickly fell out of love, they remained together "for the sake of the kids". Lorette's home life was absolute torture. Her parents never spoke and were rarely ever in the same room. Vittorio was usually always in his office, working. Unlike her mother, Lorette had a strong bond with her father. She was her father's favorite, he saw the most potential in her.

Though they didn't like to admit, Lorette and her sisters always longed to be accepted by their mother. To be praised by her, the way their brothers were.
...
The next morning, Lorette and her sibling sat around the fireplace, luggage in hands, waiting for their parents so they could say goodbye.

"I'm going to miss you all so much!" Vittorio's voice came from the corridor.

"As will I." Amira said in the same cold tone she always spoke in.

"Goodbye father, goodbye mother. I'll see you at the end of the summer." Lorette's eldest brother, Lucas, went first.

"Ciao Guido." Lorette's mother insisted on speaking in italian even though her strong english accent always poked through.

"De Rossi mansion, Italy" Lucas said as he threw the green powder on the chimney floor and vanished.

Then her oldest sister, Lucia, went. Lorette was after.

"Ciao LorLor, have a good time, and tell ma and pa I send my greetings." Her father said to her before she left.

She soon arrived at the front steps of her grandparent's mansion, where she was greeted by her brother and sister.