Saturday Morning

When Richie woke, he was facing the wall. His eyes failed him without his glasses. It was silent, apart from Eddie's steady breathing behind him, directly behind him, on his neck. He became aware of the dead weight on his waist; Eddie's arm draped over him.

'Eddie?' he murmured, just barely touching Eddie's hand. He didn't stir, so he grazed up his arm, 'Eddie?'

Eddie groaned, 'What?' In his doze, he stretched, cat-like. His chin knocked at Richie's spine, his toes dragged up Richie's calves. Suddenly, he became alert, hideously alert. 'Oh, fuck.' He said as he snatched his arm away and wriggled backwards. 'Sorry.'

Richie blinked and rolled over, propping up on his elbows. He wiped the sleep from the corners of his eyes. 'It's okay. I mean, you were unconscious.'

'Still, I,' Eddie spluttered, flustered.

'Eddie, really,' Richie widened his eyes. 'Relax. It's fine.' It was more than fine. Not that Richie could admit that.

'I know, it's just,' Eddie grimaced, cheeks reddening, 'embarrassing.'

Richie shrugged, 'Don't be embarrassed.'

'Oh,' Eddie dropped his mouth open sarcastically, 'Oh, just don't be! Gee, thanks. Well that fucking worked.' His eyelids lowered as Richie laughed at him. 'Dick.'

Richie cooed, 'Oh, that's not me being a dick.' He edged closer.

Eddie put his hand up, 'Richie, don't you fucking dare.'

Richie lunged, wrapping his arms around Eddie's waist and yanking him close.

Eddie squirmed, 'Oh, fuck off!'

'Thought you wanted a cuddle?' Richie teased.

'Absolutely fucking not!' Eddie lied.

'You started it,' Richie said, 'not me.'

Eddie stopped wriggling, pinned by Richie's embrace. He was glad that Richie couldn't see his face. Low, he grumbled, 'I am going to kill you for this.'

Richie's lips hovered over his ear, 'Oh, don't be so dramatic.'

Eddie shivered. Sometimes, when their bodies were close like this, when Richie's voice dropped or their gazes locked, Eddie could swear he felt something zap between them, like static electricity. He became hyper-aware of Richie's contact on his skin, his words fell with more weight, his eyes bored into his skull, drilling.

Outside, Stan knocked on the door and hollered, 'Everybody up!' but Richie and Eddie didn't move.

'Rich, are you gonna let go now?' Eddie asked softly.

'Five more minutes,' Richie whined, squeezing.

'Jerk,' Eddie sighed, but a smile spread across his face.

'That's me,' Richie said, then snaked his arms away.

Eddie tried not to feel too disappointed that Richie had been joking. 'Alright, let's get up.'