I Lost Him

Harry's POV

I have no idea what we're going to do.

Somewhere in the back of my head I knew that everything would come crashing down eventually. My life never goes the way I want it to, so why would this be any different? Things were going far too well, something had to go wrong.

Despite the self pity, the thing that hurts the most is Draco. He looks like he's about to explode in a firework of stress. It breaks my heart so see him like this.

He has every right to worry. In the eyes of the Ministry, he is a vicious "monster" who attacked another student. It didn't help that his family known to be involved in the dark arts, and had made many enemies. For example, if it were up to Mr. Weasley to decide Draco's fate, he'd already be dead.

I don't know what to do! How do I protect my Draco? It's very unlikely that the animagus trick will work again. No matter how corrupted the Ministry is, they're not dumb. So what do I do? It's almost certain that Draco will be caught, and dragged off to Azkabnan. Maybe I can reason with them? Beg for a trial at the very least? I mean, I am the boy who lived, right?

I pray that it doesn't get that far. Maybe it's my Gryffindor stubbornness, but I simply won't allow myself to loose hope. 'Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light' is what Dumbledore always says. I have to turn on the light.

What if we can sneak Draco off of school grounds before the Ministry arrives? No, that's far too risky. Where would he go once he's off school grounds? The Ministry would track him down eventually, it would only be a matter of time.

Perhaps we can find another place in the school? Certainly they'll be able to find a way into the Room of Requirement, but what if we find somewhere else? A place no one knows about? Where would that be.... wait! The Chamber of Secrets! I'm the only one who can get in! It would be perfect! I'll stay in there with him, because the Ministry will probably want to question me otherwise, and we'll stay down there until everything blows over!

I gasp aloud at my realization, causing Draco to look up at me from his place on the floor. We're still in the Room of Requirement, just behind the bookshelves. It looked as though I'd interrupted him from a deep thought.

"What if we go to the Chamber of Secrets?" I suggest, kinda proud of myself for coming up with something so clever. "I'm the only one who can get in, so it'll be perfect! We can just stay in there until everything blows over! I mean, it's not the most romantic atmosphere but-"

"Harry, stop," Draco cuts me off, a sad look crosses his face.

"W-what?"

"We're not going to go to the Chamber of Secrets," he says defiantly.

"But baby..." I whine, trying to soften his demeanor.

He blushes at the pet name, "No. You are going to let me get taken away."

I stare at him in bewilderment. "W-what?!"

"You are going to let me get caught," he repeats himself, staring off blankly.

"But why?"

"I don't want to live my life in a constant state of fear. I wish to be free, but for that to even have a chance at happening, I must first be caught." He looks at me straight in the eye. He's dead serious.

"I-I can't loose you! I just got you back! I- no!" I try to argue, but Draco puts a finger to my lips to silence me.

"Hush love, you mustn't fret. This is my choice," my beautiful boyfriend says gently, "but can you promise me something?"

"Anything," I murmur.

"Get me a trial," he says, his eyes staring intensely into mine, "The justice system is flawed and biased, and in this case, biased against me. Don't do anything rash, or dangerous, or stupid, just convince them to give me a trial."

"I promise," I give him my word, and he pulls me into a tight hug.

"I'll miss you so much," he mumbles into my shoulder, "don't do anything stupid, alright?"

I giggle softly. "When have I ever done something stupid?"

I can almost feel Draco roll his eyes. "I love you so much."

"I love you more then you could ever know," I reply to him, but suddenly we hear banging.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

We jump away from each other, our eyes wide with fear. This is happening, this is actually happening.

"Hide!" Draco whisper yells at me, practically shoving me further behind the bookshelves, fully out of sight.

From I hiding place, I peered through a gap between a few books. From there, I see the door of the Room of Requirement rattling on it's hinges. This isn't good!

I watch at Draco walks elegantly towards the couches that we normally sit at. To all the world it looks like he's just there to think, embrace the silence. I, however, noticed the slight twitch in his hand, and the worry lines creasing his forehead, the only visible sign of anxiousness. He looks like he's waiting for his own death, which I guess in a sense he is.

All of a sudden, the door burst open and I feel a strong urge to vomit as a dozen Aurors and Ministry employees enter the room. All their eyes immediately latch onto Draco, who hasn't moved. My breath hitches as a gruff looking auror steps forward, seizing my boyfriend's arms.

I sit in my hiding place helpless as the adults surround my dear Draco. He doesn't put up a fight, barely even acknowledges they're there. How can he be so calm right now!?

I feel tears start to stream down my face in rivers as they put Draco in muggle handcuffs, all while holding him at wand point. The march towards the door, and I catch my last glimpse of my boyfriend, before they exit the Room of Requirement.

How could I let this happen! I just got him back! We said we loved each other! I might as well have just throws that all out the window! Now he's being taken to Azkaban!

I let myself cry for what seems like forever, wallowing in my own self pity.

I lost him. I lost him. I lost him.

Words: 1097