Wait

Draco's POV

The after the Golden Trio's detention with Umbridge, they all visit during lunch.

"Hello Draco," Hermione calls, "How are you doing?"

"Fine," I reply shortly.

"You've still got the mandrake leaf in your mouth, correct?" Hermone asks.

"Yes," I confirm.

The trio then move to sit in front of my cage, directly across from me. My eyes fall on Harry. His hair is in it's usual messy state, but he looks a lot better. He seems to glow with confidence, and his scent is just as enticing as ever. Merlin, why does it have to be him?

"Why are you glaring at Harry?" Ron asks, slightly defensively, earning a slight slap from Hermione.

Harry also shifts uncomfortably under my gaze. I suddenly feel the strong impulse to try and bite him through the glass. Why... Wait! Harry didn't remember to come today or yesterday!

"D-draco?" Harry stutters.

I realize that I'm glaring at Harry while sitting perfectly still, jaw clenched tightly, and my right pointer finger twitching slightly. The more that I look at him, I feel a small growl form in my throat.

I look sharply away from the boy in front of my, and begin staring at the ground intently. Don't remind him, that'll seem needy. Malfoys aren't needy! Just get over it, he'll be gone soon.

"Draco? Are you alright?" Harry asks, but I don't dare answer. A Malfoy should always be in control.

I can almost hear the gears turn in Hermione's head. I hear a small sigh and know that she figured it out.

"Harry, did you come yesterday morning?" Hermoine asks her friend gently.

"Umm," Harry thinks for a moment, "I think so? I mean, at this point all of the days at the Hospital Wing kinda melt together."

Hermione sighs. "What about today?"

"I-I guess I forgot today," Harry mumbles.

I hang my head slightly, swallowing thickly. I hate depending on people! A Malfoy should be self-sufficient! I my well being shouldn't be dependent upon whether or not Harry Potter remembers to visit the Hospital Wing that morning!

"Draco. Have they been feeding you enough?" Hermione asks slowly.

I nod my head. They feed my enough to live if that's what you mean.

"Are you sure?" Hermione asks, and I nod again.

I start to feel light headed as Harry's scent plays with my senses. They've got to leave. They can't see me like this.

I then feel that my fangs have elongated. If I speak, they'll, or at least Hermione, will know that I need blood. If I don't, Hermione will probably figure it out anyway. Don't I wan't them to figure it out? I just don't want to tell them? If I write down what I want to say Hermione will probably figure it out without seeing my fangs.

My head pounds and I make up my mind. I grab a spare piece of parchment and a quill. When I'm done writing, I hold the paper up to the Gryffindors on the other side of the cage.

Please leave

Hermione seems to stare at it, then stare at me. Her eyes widen as she figures everything out, just like a knew she would.

Ron takes the note as an excuse to leave, and begins dragging Harry out after him saying something about how they're missing lunch again. Immediately my head starts feeling better, and I find it easier to breath.

I look up and meet Hermiones steady gaze. She looks sympathetic, as though I'm a lost puppy that just got trampled on by a troll.

"Draco," Hermione starts gently, "Why did you send them off?"

"I don't want them to see me like this," I mumble.

"Draco, they've seen you when you were almost dead," Hermione states, "They wouldn't have judged."

"Yes they would," I mumbles, making the Gryffindor sigh.

"You're just as stubborn as Harry sometimes, you know that?"

Then a thought pops into my head. "Does he know? That he's-- well-- my mate?"

Hermione shakes her head sadly. "No. We haven't told him because we don't want him to freak out and stop feeding you."

"Oh."

"Back to my question earlier though, "Hermione continues, "Have you been getting enough blood?"

"Enough to live," I answer shortly.

"So not as much as you want," Hermione points out, "You're always thirsty."

I nod slowly. Merlin, I'm always thirsty! It gets so much worse when Harry's in the room.

"Why don't I talk with Madam Pomfrey and we can see about getting you more blood?"

"No!" I yell.

Hermione looks at me, confused. "No?"

"Because I didn't feed for so long, my body wants to make up for the blood that it didn't get," I explain, "The amount of blood that I'm getting now is enough for a normal vampire daily. However, since I need to make up for the lack of blood, I'm not satisfied. If I get more blood though, then it'll make the cravings worse because my body will think that I can get more."

"That kind of makes sense," Hermione says, "How much blood do you want"

"If I could have all the blood that I want right now, Harry would be dead," I deadpan.

"Right," Hermione sighs, "And did Harry actually come yesterday?"

I shake my head. "No. He missed yesterday and today."

"Oh Draco, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this," The Gryffindor says sympathetically.

"I'm fine," I say, wanting to change the subject, "How did your detentions go?"

Hermione's face immediately lights up. "Everything went perfectly! I have started on the potion, and we've retrieved your wand."

"That's great!" I reply. "When am I-- er-- going to get my wand back?"

The girl's smile falters slightly. "I was thinking that it would be smart of me to hold onto it until you are ready to transform. Then, if Umbridge comes looking for it here, she won't find it."

I nod in agreement. "Good idea."

Suddenly, Hermione leaps to her feet. "I'm so sorry but classes start soon! I've got to go!"

"That's alright," I reply, "Have fun."

"Bye Draco!" She calls, before running out of the Hospital Wing.

Everything will be fine. I've just got to wait it out. Then I'll be free.

Words: 1046