- The first transformation is usually uncomfortable and frightening. Clothing and items such as glasses or jewelry meld to the skin and become one with fur, scales or spikes.

- When you first transform, try to avoid panicking otherwise the animal mind may gain the ascendancy, and you could do something stupid or dangerous.

- Generally, wizards prefer to have their clothes Transfigure with them, to escape the embarrassment of reappearing naked.

- Log your personal details and Animagus appearance on the Animagus Registry. Failure to do this may land you in Azkaban.

After reading the last sentence, I lean back with a sigh. Does Hermione really think that I can do this in a cage. Without my wand too!

Peaking inside the small bag, I see the Mandrake leaf. Swallowing the cup of blood in one swig, I place the leaf in my mouth, pushing it to the back of my mouth. I tuck it between my teeth and my cheek, and try to get used to the feeling of it being there.

Merlin, this is mental.

Harry's POV

It's Lunch when Hermione pulls me into the library to speak with me.

"I've come up with a plan," Hermione starts, excitement gleaming in her eyes.

"Yeah?" I say, not really caring.

"Come on, stop moping about the DA. We'll figure that out," Hermione says, before continuing, "A plan on how to help Draco."

"Oh! Yeah, continue."

"Well, I kind of got the idea from Sirius," Hermione says, and I look at her confused, "He broke out of Askaban by turning into his Animagus form, so I was thinking... why can't Draco do that? If he becomes and Animagus, then we can open a small section of the cage that Madam Pomfrey uses to give him blood, and he can escape!"

I stare at her, bewildered, "W-what if he's not a small enough animal? Doesn't it take a long time to become an animagus? What if we mess up! Doesn't he need a wand?"

"Yes, yes, yes," Hermione sighs, "If he's not a small animal then we'll figure that out later. It does take a long time to become an animagus, but I think we'll manage. I'll make sure that we don't mess up. As for the wand, I'm not sure. I gave Draco the instructions today, along with the Mandrake leaf for the first step. Still, I've done some research and I don't know if he can transform without his wand."

"So we have to get his wand?"

"Not necessarily, but probably. I asked him to try some wandless magic yesterday when I talked with him, but I don't know if he had any success," She explains.

"Should we talk to him?" I question, and she nods.

"Yeah, I've got a study period now, you?" She asks.

"No... but I can miss Divination. I got my homework done anyway," I say hopefully.

"Fine, but only because it's Divination," Hermione replies, "But if you fail that class it's not on me!"

With that, we walk out of the library, and towards the Hospital Wing.

"Hey, where'd Ron go?" I ask, remembering my best friend isn't with us.

"Oh, probably pigging out in the Great Hall, then off to the class that you're skipping," Hermione replies sharply.

"Oh."

We arrive at the Hospital Wing, and Hermione bursts through the doors. Malfoy looks up from the book in his lap.

"Hi Draco!" Hermione calls, rushing towards his cage, and I follow behind her.

"Hello Hermione," Malfoy says politely.

"So, have you tried wandless magic yet?" Hermione asks, and to my surprise, Malfoy nods.

"I can cast lumos, but nothing else," He explains truthfully, "I honestly don't think I could transform without my wand."

Hermione's eyebrows scrunch together in thought.

"Can't we just get his wand back?" I speak up, and both pairs of eyes fall on me. "I mean, wouldn't it just be easier?"

"Umbridge is keeping it in her office," Malfoy explains.

"Yeah, so? We just break in and take it. Simple."

Hermione shakes her head "If only it were that simple. She's got to have security on it, it's probably in a safe as well. It would take a lot of planning to get it and not get caught."

"Oh," I say, slumping back.

"But," Hermione continues, and I brighten up, "It's the best shot we've got."

"Wait a second here," Malfoy interrupts, "I'm not letting you guys risk getting expelled just to help me. Forget it."

"Oh stop it Draco!" Hermione sighs, exasperated. "You're acting like a Gryffindor."

Malfoy pretends hurt, clutching his heart and faking a gasp. "How dare you!"

Everyone laughs, and for a moment everything seems alright.

"We'll get you're wand, Draco," I promise, before realizing that I said his first name.

He's also staring at me, and a small smile appears on his face. "Thanks Harry."

Then we're just smiling at each other, and Hermione starts giggling. Malf- no Draco sticks his tongue out at her.

Everything will be alright.

Words: 1453