Thoughts, Talks, and Boring Teachers

I always felt safe at Hogwarts. I always felt at home at Hogwarts. When I am at the Slytherin table, surrounded by my house mates, I feel like maybe I'm not alone. When I'm sitting in the green armchair in front of the fireplace, safe within the dungeon walls, I feel like nothing can get me. The one thing the green and silver sheets of my four poster bed can't protect me from is my mind, my own nightmares. Not even the dream catchers that hang above my head can keep away the bad dreams. When I'm flying above the crowds, chasing the golden snitch, the feel of my broom humming beneath me makes me feel invincible. When I grip my wand and cast a spell, nothing can touch me. 

        Then night falls. Everyone is happily asleep. The fires are reduced to hot coals. The dungeons are suddenly just that. Dungeons, confining, cold, and keeping me captive to myself. 

        Little hands grab at her, pulling her shorts, grabbing her shirt. Laughter mixes with screams. Water splashes, coughing follows, then nothing. Blue eyes turn grey. 

        Sobbing, tears, then silence, a cold silence. People dressed in black, women with veiled faces. Cold looks directed at a scared 14 year old. 

        The grey, wet boy, invisible to all but her looks blankly into her eyes. 

        Then she can't breathe. Water fills her lungs. She forgets how to swim. The last thing the girl hears before everything goes black , "Now you can watch me like you were supposed to. Forever." 

                                                        And I wake up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        After staring at the ceiling for three hours I finally start to get ready. After a quick shower I use a spell to dry and perfectly curl my dirty blonde hair. By now it's 6:45 and Camber and Aubrey are starting to wake up. I pull on a long sleeved violet shirt and some skinny jeans. Slipping into my favorite brown combat boots and Slytherin robes, I pin on my prefects badge, grab my grey messengers bag, and stuff my wand into my pocket.

        As soon as I reach the common room I want to turn around. Lounging across a love seat Alejandro twirls his wand between his fingers. Before I can get the chance to run he grabs his black string bag and stands up, heading straight towards me. 

        When he reaches me he throws an arm around my shoulders and asks, "Hey there Ari, walk with me to breakfast? Great!"

        With that he steers me towards the exit of the Common Room.

        "So my little snake, care to tell me what has been going through that pretty head of yours?", Alejandro gets right to the point. 

        "It's just my mom again Dro. She has been worse this summer and I don't know why.", which isn't a lie. 

        My mom really has been been worse. That's just not what has been distracting me. 

        Alejandro believes me and gives my shoulders a squeeze, "I'm sorry mi amar. Maybe I shouldn't have pushed you to tell me. I am glad you did though. And you know that you can always come stay with me. Mi madre loves you! She wouldn't mind!"

        "I know Dro.", I sigh, "Maybe I will come next summer. Or maybe even for Christmas!"

        That made us both happy and he laughed as we entered the Great Hall.