Train Rides and Little Brothers

"Come on Ariella!", my mother, Astoria, yelled up at me for the fourth time. 

        "I'M COMING!", It wasn't my fault I had to do this. I was trying to arm and protect myself from whatever Potter is planning for today. There was a knock on my door.

        "Come in!"

        "Lynnie, you better hurry up before mom goes ballistic.", Scorpius said. 

        Scorpius is my handsome, 13 year old, Ravenclaw brother. Even with the age difference Scorp and I have always been extremely close. I am very protective of him and love him more than anyone. Of course I still tease him relentlessly, just the Slytherin in me I suppose. 

        "I could honestly not care what mother thinks Scorp. It's not like she really cares about any of us anyways. Least of all me.", I grumbled.

        Scorpius sighed, "That's not true Lynnie. Now come on, I am supposed to meet Albus and Rose at the platform."

        "Don't call me Lynnie!", I told him as he grabbed my trunk and I my owl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        "Make sure to write to me at least once a month my love. Keep your grades up and say hello to your little friends for us.", my Mother was lecturing Scorp while fixing his collar. My dad hugged him and then he was off, leaving me to the wrath of our mother. 

        "Ariella, do try to stay out of trouble this year. I don't want to hear about any pranks or accidents between you and that boy. We have a name to keep maintained. I will not have it ruined by the immature likes of you.", and with that she was gone without so much as a goodbye.  My dad sighed and pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my head. 

        "Don't listen to her darling, I want a letter every week telling me about how you are beating Potter at his own game." 

        I laughed, "Of course Daddy, I love you." 

        "I love you too sweetheart."

        I was walking down the aisle of the train, checking compartments looking for either my friends or Scorpius. Preferably Scorp so I could make sure he got on okay. Just my luck I got neither. 

        "Hey there Malfoy, have a good summer? I certainly hope not."

        "Wow, Potter is that the best you can do? And here I thought you couldn't get anymore pathetic.", He just looked me up and down and smirked. 

        "I know you missed me Malfoy. Just admit it, I'm all you could think about this summer."

        "Oh please! If anything I had nightmares of seeing your ugly face again.", Except that his face is anything but ugly.

        No! Ari, what are you thinking? This is Potter we're talking about!

        "So you admit you dreamt about me?"

        I scoffed, "Have you seen my brother anywhere?" 

        "Depends, what do I get for helping you?"

        "How about I not punch you in the face right now?", I said with my best sarcastic grin. I was not in the mood. 

        "Right this way.", he answered, the smirk never leaving his face. 

        He led me about five compartments down to where my brother, Albus Potter, Rose Weasley, and another Ravenclaw were sitting. 

        "Hey Ariella, good summer?", Albus asked politely. 

        I just smiled slightly and gave a curt nod, looking at Scorp. He nodded and gave me a thumbs up queing me that he was fine. I turned around only to run into Potter's chest. 

        "Move.", I said in my best 'get out of my way before you die' voice.

        He simply leaned down and whispered, "See you around, love.", and walked away. 

        I tried to ignore the butterflies in my stomach as I went looking for my friends.