CH 9

POV Nicole

My first day of school was over and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be except for the fact that I basically hadn't seen Waverly all day.

I head into the locker room to change into workout clothes and then head into the gym to start stretching out for tryouts. I am watching the other girls warmup and they look like they're pretty good. A girl approaches me as I continue to stretch out.

"Hey, I'm Dani, you must be the new girl."

"Yeah hi I'm Nicole Haught."

"Nice to meet you, I'm hoping you're good because we need all the help we can get. We are trying to win the state championship this year, but our star point guard graduated last year. What position do you play?"

"Funnily enough I play point guard."

"Well I'm excited to see what you've got Haught."

With that she walked away to join her friends shooting around. I was kind of expecting them to be unwelcoming, but that went a lot better than expected.

Tryouts lasted about two hours and I'm now getting changed in the locker room. I see Dani walking out and quick stop her to thank her for being so welcoming.

"Yeah, no problem Haught, you killed it out there. Oh, and coach wants to quick talk to you." She winks before walking out of the locker room.

I walk into the coach's office. "Hey coach, Dani said you wanted to see me."

"Yeah have a seat. Nicole, you have some real talent you know that. I think you'd be a great addition to this team and could help us secure that championship win."

"Wow really?! Thank you so much coach, I won't let you down!"

"Keep up the hard work at practices and maybe you'll be one of our two captains."

"Thank you!"

"Alright well congrats and have a good night."

"Thanks, you too!"

I gather my stuff from the locker room and walk out with a smile on my face. As I walk out I bump into someone. I look up and it's Claudia.

"Hey, what are you still doing here?"

"I watched you tryout."

"Wait for real, that's so nice of you thanks."

"You really downplayed how good you are."

"Stooppp haha well thank you."

"I mean I could basically guess the answer to this, but did you make the team?"

"Yeah I did."

"Oh my god! That's so cool congrats!"

Before I can say anything back, she wraps my up in a hug that after a second of shock I reciprocate.

We make our way out the front doors, say our goodbyes and I start to walk home.

"Nicole wait." I turn around to see Claudia jogging over to me. "Do you want a ride home?"

"No, I couldn't ask you to do that, I'm fine with walking."

"Well it's a good thing I'm offering and you're not asking, now get in my car it's cold out here."

We pull up to the front of the Earp household. "Thanks for everything today Claudia it means a lot."

"Of course, here's my number." She smiles at me, "text me literally whenever."

"Will do, thanks again."

With that I make my way into the house. Turns out today was a pretty good day after all. I wonder what Waverly is up to. I can't wait to tell her about my day! I head upstairs and her door is shut, weird. I'm about to knock when I hear her let out a little squeal and then I hear a guy's laugh, which I can only assume is Champ. Instead of knocking I make my way to my room and flop down on my bed.

I pull out my phone and contemplate texting Claudia. It kind of seemed like Claudia was flirting with me today and now I'm torn. Claudia seems super sweet and she's insanely pretty, but then there's Waverly. Waverly is with Champ though and as that thought goes through my mind, I hear them again from her room. I get up, shut my room door, and text Claudia.

A/N

I'm going to try and get chapter 10 up today. Not sure when I'll update again because this week is prep week for finals and then the next week is finals week. I'll try my best to write when I can and get you guys something. Love only - G.K.