Chapter Three - The interview & party

The next day..
Katniss's POV-
Today is the day of our interview. We are being interviewed by Caesar Flickerman. I dont know how I'll react when he asks questions. After how he treated me. I'm surprised that they kept him around. Though this era is about mercy and peace. Not chaos and murder.
Later that day..

Katniss's POV-
We are about to go on stage. My nerves haven't been this high in a while. Peeta walks up behind me and says, "Relax. It'll be just like other interviews. 10 minutes then the social party for a few minutes, then we can leave." I turn around to look at Peeta "I dont think its that simple." I say. Peeta just shrugs and we walk on stage.

We sit down opposite of Ceaser. I try my best to smile.
"Hello Katniss and peeta." Caesar says with a smile. "Hello Caesar." Peeta says with a smile.
"So, how are our crossed star lovers doing?"
Peeta and I look at each other and Peeta replies, "Well Caesar we-"
"We're not star crossed lovers anymore." I interrupt Peeta. The crowd gasps.
"That was during the games, a chaotic time. A murderous time." I pause. "We are now just a couple like anyone else." I continue.
There are a few moments of awkward silence until Peeta breaks the silence and says, "Katniss is right. We used to be the star-crossed lovers who were meant to kill each other in the games, and we never did kill each other and we both got out alive. Now the hunger games are over forever. so now we are no longer the star crossed lovers, we are just a couple who loves each other." The crowd "awes" and honestly, so do I.
Peeta has always had a way with words, better than I am. After that the interview went well.

Caesar asked us if we were planning on having kids soon, we said no. Although I was never planning on having kids but I didn't say that.

He asked us how we grew together again, Peeta let me answer this question and so i said, "We never really grew apart. The Peeta that was in district 13 after they rescued him wasn't Peeta. It was a person the capitol had created that looked like Peeta. So Peeta and I never grew apart, it was more like we were reunited." The crowd goes crazy over what I said. After that the interview was over.

We got in a car and rode to the mansion. The party was ok. We talked to a couple of the other victors. I saw Joanna. She had a boyfriend, Alder. She introduced us and we exchanged numbers to catch up some other time. "Well we better get going." I say to Joanna and Alder. Joanna looks at me confused and says, "But we have the victors meeting right afterwards." I turn around and give Peeta a "I told you so" look. "Is it mandatory?" I ask Joanna. "No, but there will be some pretty big decisions made. You might want to stay." Joanna replies. "Did President Paylor tell you to say that?" I continue to ask. "No. I wanted to leave right after but then she told me about the meeting and I decided I want to be apart of it if its going to be big decisions among the victors." Joanna states. I look at Peeta and he just shrugs and I say, "Okay. We'll stay."