Prologue

'We Found Love in a Hopeless Place'

Copyright @2012

All Rights Persevered

I do not own any members of One Direction and none of the events that happen is this book (between Kylie and One Direction) actually happened.

It would be appreciated if you did not steal any parts of my book.

Prologue:

2010: (Two years before)

There she was. The girl a year younger than me. My best friend. Kylie Burges. Singing the song Cry Me A River, helping me practice for my X-Factor Audition. I don't know why she doesn't audition too.

I had tried this before, but I was too young. The judges told me to come back in two years. I wanted to give up. But no, the girl with the darling blue eyes, the precious brown hair, her mesmerizing voice, wouldn't let me stop trying. She pushed me to never give up. And look at us now. The night before my audition. I was super nervous. But with a girl as pretty as the amazing one in front of me I was distracted from everything else. Her smile and her eyes had that effect on people.

"Liam. Earth to Li." She said calmly waving her petite hand in front of my face.

"Hmm. Yeah." I said regaining attention.

"How did I do?" She asked me politely. You see she is very insecure when it comes to what she does and how she looks. I paused momentarily trying to come up with an answer, but I was distracted by her beauty so much that I wasn't paying attention to her voice. It acted as background music to the art that was her.

"You weren't even listening were you?" She laughed at me. I just smiled sheepishly.

"No sorry. I was distracted." I stated bluntly.

"From what?" She looked at me almost confused.

"You." I said with a smile on my face, at my sudden confidence. But then noticing what I said is going to backfire. But it was too late now.

"What? I'm confused. Is there something on my face or in my hair?" The girl of my dreams said looking at me.

"No Kylie. Nothing at all."

"Then how did I distract you?"

"You don't see it do you?" I asked her, trying to get my point across while still committing to my subtlety.

"See what? No."

I slowly placed my hands in hers. They were so small compared to mine, yet they fit almost perfectly.... Almost. I lifted her petite figure off the bean-bag cushion and drug her to the bathroom.

"Li, what are you doing?" Kylie asked me with a little bit of worry in her tone.

"Just look straight ahead and tell me what you think." I directed my best friend to look at herself in the mirror.

"Why? There is nothing to see. Just an ugly face. On an ugly body. Who would ever love this. I mean come on? Even if someone did they would be lying, they would leave me like everyone always does. Even my sister left me moments after I was born. Look at those ugly eyes, those thighs that are about 1 000 000 sizes bigger than any other person I know. My hair that is a split-end mess. My stomach, I don't even have to explain anything, it shows you how big it is on its own." Is that really how she felt about herself? That is not something a girl with her beauty should think. "My lips that are to big, they could never do anything good." She said as she turned to me swiftly. I took this as my cue to show her, that her lips were good for something.

I placed my hand on her cheek and rubbed away the tear that gently fell and caressed her cheek. She smiled slightly at my action.

"You are too beautiful to think like that. No one, should every think like that. Especially you." I said as I finally developed the courage to bring my lips into contact with hers.

Kylie's P.O.V

What is happening? Oh my god. Liam was about to kiss me. Right after that thought had began to enter my mind his slightly chapped, delicate, pink lips had made contact with my own. I must be dreaming. I have liked Liam since I was little, only 5 years old, of course back then I didn't know what this feeling was. But now, I definitely know.

I smiled into the kiss. This was really happening. After I had smiled I felt Liam's lips move up into the motion that formed a smile. He slowly pulled away. The smile still evident on his joyful face.

"I have been waiting years to build up the courage to do that." he mumbled slightly.

I smiled and put my hands on his cheeks.

"I'm glad you did, I never could have built up the courage." I smiled back. He rested his hands on my waist. Not being too flirtatious but just the slightest bit lingering. I slowly took my hands off his cheeks and wrapped my arms around his neck.

I pulled myself up by my tippy toes and whispered to him, "But I think I can build up the courage now." and placed my lips on his one more time.

Liam's P.O.V

The contact of her lips put an instant tingling sensation onto them. I had done it! I was finally kissing the girl I loved, since I was 6 years old.

-Flashback-

I had known her for a while now, she was an amazing little lass. She was now at the park where her petite figure rested calmly on the swing set across the way from my house.

I ran over to join her.

"Hey Kyles!" I shouted running across the way and onto the park grounds.

"Li!!" She shouted back to me as she jumped off the swing and into my arms.

Hours later I was pushing her on the swing a smile on both of our faces.

"I heard my mommy and daddy saying they love each other. I don't quite know what love is but it sounds right to say this, I love you Kylie." The six year old me said.

"I've heard my parents say it as well. I love you too Liam. Whatever it means." She said laughing at her last sentence. Except her age five. I joined her with a jolly expressing.

And that was the first time I said I love her.

-Flashback-

I wish I could freeze this moment in a frame and stay like this. This was perfect. I hope this lasts forever.

But things don't alway go the way you plan do they?

A/N

Wow, that's a new start compared to the old one. Remember this is the night before his audition in 2010.

Don't you find it a little cute, you know when they were little. Please comment on what you think, don't forget to vote.

On future chapters, I will try to dedicate it to the first one to Comment.

And may have a few contests for characters.

Bye Lovlies!

Yours truly,

Ashley xx

Byyyyyyye