11. Las Vegas, Baby!

The drive through the open desert highway was peaceful

The drive through the open desert highway was peaceful. It was even more peaceful with some weed. Gia had somehow found herself with an unlikely group of delinquents on a road trip to Las Vegas. The reason why was still unknown to her, but after nursing her stab wound in the infirmary for a week she was pleased to leave the school with no questions asked.

She took a drag of the blunt before passing it to Billy who sat beside her. Really she was practically sat atop of him. The convertible car wasn't meant for four people to be sat in the back seat, but she couldn't say she minded it much. Her left hand swaying outside the car, pink wig flowing as the wind blew around them, half her body cozily tucked under Billy's arm with the night sky above them. And Marcus droning on about his social anxiety to Saya in the drivers seat.

"I didn't lose my virginity to Becky Cruz, I diddled her, but she didn't reciprocate," Billy said randomly.

Maria cringed, "Don't be a pig!" Gia also scrunched her nose up in disgust, but the boy continued.

"All I'm saying is you take a dude that far down the hall and slam a blue door on his balls, would it kill her to jerk me off into a crusty napkin?" The two legacies groaned while the pink wigged girl stuck her finger in her mouth quickly before shoving it in the boys ear causing him to yelp in surprise. "Not a wet willy, yuck".

"Your the one being gross," she told him turning her head to meet his gaze.

"I'm gonna get back at you," he challenged leaning toward her.

If this happened a few weeks ago their close proximity wouldn't make Gia think twice, but now she knows she has feelings for him. With there noses practically touching her mind drifts back to when they danced after the Legacy Ball and her breath catches in her throat for a moment before she realizes what he said and retaliates, "Try it you'll loose a finger".

"You've never had to sulk home with a pair of blue plums?" He asks Willie.

The taller boy takes the toothpick he had between his teeth to answer, "A girl get anywhere near me and she's begging for it".

"That's because you only date airheads," Maria chuckles.

"Oh, Ruthie? That was one time and she's all talk," he shakes his head.

"She talks like a total asshole,"

"Dating advice coming from you?" He asks the Latina with his usual solemn look, "Shit, wonder how Chico gonna react when he finds out you snuck away".

"Oof," Gia huffs at their sour end to the conversation taking the blunt from Billy to have another hit.

"It's not like you're any better, Duncan," Willie tells her eyeing the green haired boy who hazily leans his head back to look at the night sky.

She shoots her hands up in the air and shoots him a glare, "I didn't say anything".

They drive for the rest of the night, some time after their relationship conversation Gia could feel her eyes closing when she felt a weight fall on her shoulder. The smell honeysuckle and hair gel fill her senses when Billy's head came to rest beside hers. With that and the lull feeling the weed had given her she was quickly put to sleep. Sometime by morning they came across a pit stop, an off the road bar where a congregation of hippie travelers have all decided to spend there morning as well.