8. Rats at the Legacy Dance

"What?"

"You like Billy, it's obvious Gia," Petra stated as if the words that follow would be just as factual like the sky is blue and punk is the best genre.

Gia struggles to find a place to settle her eyes on, pupils flickering and lashes fluttering coming to terms with the words leaving her friends mouth. The dirty sink, rundown stall, her own reflection in the mirror. "Yeah, I don't know where you're going with this because," she trails off.

"He's like the only guy I've ever seen you tolerate being around, other than Marcus, but the jury still out with him since he's new," Petra explains with one hand gripped to lean on the sink. "To be fair, I didn't expect him to tell me all that shit at the party. I figured that crush he had on me ended already," she sighs, "It's been really weird between all of us since then and that sucks you guys are the only decent people in this shithole".

"Wow decent, thanks," the brown-haired girl quips finally looking at her goth friend.

"Really though,"

"Yeah I get what you mean," she shrugs crossing her arms recalling the air of awkwardness between them the party had caused. Gia thinks back to every moment before she had realized she had feelings for Billy. Every moment before the party and asks, "Was it really that obvious?"

"Probably to everyone but Billy, uh yeah," Petra remarks causing both the girls to laugh the tension rolling off the two. As their giggles die down she adds, "Or maybe I'm just the most insightful".

Gia rolls her eyes, "Alright, great wise Petra,"

"You should tell him," she insists.

"No way! He just declared his love for you the other day and that went so well for him,"

This time Petra rolled her eyes, "You know if he knew, he'd realize he's in love with you too,"

"Woah, woah, woah who said love here?" Gia asks taking a step back. The weight of her friend's words seemed to drop in front of her like a cartoon anvil with a note of realization scribbled neatly on top. Feelings she wasn't ready to admit written in bold letters.

Petra saw Gia seemed to retreat back into her shell so she corrects her wording, "Fine, that he likes you too," she raises an eyebrow at her with a knowing look, "But are you sure it's just that?"

♡ ♡ ♡

The question echoed in her mind on her way to her next class. Gia barely knew who she was these days what with her discovering her feelings for Billy and her backing out of Lin's assignment. She follows Marcus still in her haze into their next class, the Fundamentals of Psychopathy. Taking the empty seat near the back she doesn't bother making any small talk with the girl beside her knowing legacies were at their peak ego with the dance approaching. She hears Marcus in front of her ask the legacy next to him, "Wheres the teacher?"

"Find a thousand dicks and suck 'em," the long-haired boy replies.

Marcus remains unphased and responds with, "So many".

Gia snorts from behind him laughing as he shoots her a smile.

Just then the doors burst open a man in blocky glasses tied with restrains is lead-in by a monk in a wheelchair. The ruckus of the class halts as they approach students shifting in their seats to pay attention. His voice is croaky as he speaks, "Welcome to the fundamentals of psychopathy".