Chapter 6: The Open Ocean

(Y/n)'s POV

After leaving the docks and waving goodbye to our friends, we set sail for the new world. It didn't take too long for us to be in the middle of the ocean with not a single land mass in sight. We were all just doing our own thing, Cody and Finn were playing a game of poker, Nara and Kyanna were just chatting, Kestin was busy getting sea sick, and Rex was getting plastered. As for the rest, they were below deck looking through the crates and barrels of food for something to eat.

I was up in the crow's-nest looking out at the vast ocean around us. The warm sun shined down on my face as I just looked up into the clear, blue sky.

???: HEY, (Y/N)!

I looked down from the crow's-nest and saw Rex red-faced with 2 bottles of moonshine in his hands.

Rex: COME ON, LET'S GET WASTED!

(Y/n): it's like 3 in the afternoon, man. I'm not getting drunk that early.

Rex: OH, DON'T BE SUCH A STIFF! I BROUGHT SOME BOOZE FROM MY PERSONAL STASH!

I sighed before climbing down.

(Y/n): fine, but I'm not drinking from your stash, I don't know what's in there.

Rex: HELL YEAH!

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) chugging a mug of beer

After a few hour of drinking and just doing whatever, the sun had finally gone down. We were all on the main deck eating dinner, but Kestin was barley able to keep his lunch down little own eat dinner.

Nara: you alright, Kestin?

Kestin: yeah, I'm...*gag* fine.

Finn: dude, your face is green.

Immediately after Finn finish that sentence Kestin's cheeks puffed up before he rushed over to the edge of the ship and threw up off the side. I looked over and saw Rex taking one last swig from a bottle of booze before placing it on the ground and sighing.

Rex: hey (y/n), could you do me a solid and get me another barrel of beer from below deck.

(Y/n): THERE'RE LIKE 13 BOTTLES IN FRONT OF YOU! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR STASH?!

Rex: I drank it all.

(Y/n): HOW IN THE...you know what, fine.

Rex: thanks, bud.

I got up and walked below deck. I went over to the barrels of booze when suddenly...

ACHOO!

I heard small, cute sneeze in the corner of the room.

I looked over and saw a barrel with a hole in it, just big enough for someone to look through it. I walked over to the barrel and sniffed the air around it.

(Y/n): you can't be serious.

I then had an idea and a devious smile was now on my face. I picked up the barrel and carried it on my shoulder. I could hear muffled grunting from inside. I went back to the main deck.

(Y/n): hey guys, something's up with this barrel.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and came over. I set the barrel down

Scarlet: what do you mean?

(Y/n): something about it just smells...off.

I winked, they just gave me weird looks. Scarlet walked next to me and sniffed her eyes widened and she looked at me. I nodded while smiling to confirm her thought. She smiled as well.

Scarlet: well, how about we open it up and see what inside?

(Y/n): na, whatever it is, it smells rotten, I say we just throw it overboard.

Scarlet: yeah, that sounds good.

I lifted the barrel over my head and walked to the edge of the ship.

(Y/n): alright, 1...2...

Suddenly, the barrel began shaking before the cap fell off, and out of it fell Tide, landing face first down on the deck.

Tide: ow...

She got to her feet and rubbed her head

(Y/n): seriously kid, why did you sneak aboard?

Tide: I wanted to come with you, so I hid in a barrel and stayed as quiet as possible.

(Y/n): and yet your allergies blew your cover. Kid, I told you this trip would be dangerous, we're turning around and bringing you back right now.

Erma: uh, that's gonna be a problem.

I looked at Erma, confused.

(Y/n): why?

She pointed behind the ship only for us to see a huge lightning storm behind us.

I sighed.

(Y/n): damnit.

Tide: now you have bring me along.

(Y/n): or I could throw you overboard like I said I would.

Tide ran over and hugged Kyanna in fear. I swear it was at this point where I wanted to kill her