He looked up as he heard us enter the stadium, the sound of Harper's heeled boots echoing. As soon as he saw us, his face lit up, flashing that panty dropping smile. I felt the tingles between my thighs.

"Jesus," I muttered, making Harper glance at me, grinning more.

"Close your mouth, Morgan." She laughed.

"Shut up. You can't deny that he is incredibly good looking. Even I can appreciate that!"

"He is my cousin! I don't look or think of him like that! Ew!" She shuddered.

I rolled my eyes as he walked over to us, looking excited.

"I swear your mom is the best!" He said, instantly reached for the box in Harper's hands.

"Hello to you too!" She replied.

He opened the box, instantly searching through it to see what goodies he had been sent. The two of them bickered over how rude he was being, I raised my eyebrows watching in amusement. They may have been cousins, but they were as close as siblings.

I wasn't interested in getting involved in their discussions instead getting distracted by the basketball that Joey had carried over and dropped by his feet. My hands itched to take a few shots.

After high school finished and with my exes being involved in basketball, I had avoided the courts back home. Even if I never played competitively, I played for fun and I enjoyed the feel of a ball in my hands, the sensation of shooting and watching the ball swish through the net.

Dropping my bag down, I picked up the ball and walked onto the court. Feeling the leather in my hands brought back more memories again.

I used to play with my dad as a kid. He loved basketball and the fact I would play with him made him incredibly proud, it was our thing. I guess you could say basketball had always been a part of my life.

Moving to the key, standing behind the free throw line, I bounced the ball twice, getting a feel for it before lifting my arms, bending my wrist the way dad always taught me to, and releasing. Swish. Not using the backboard, my favourite way to score.

The ball bounced back to me and I shot again, enjoying the feeling. Suddenly I realised the rapid discussion between Harper and Joey had stopped, the only sound now was the ball.

"You play?" Joey asked, surprised.

I looked over, smiling. Harper, of course already knew from our first day together, when we shared a little bit about the other. Joey however looked shocked. I grinned more at his shock and shrugged my shoulders casually.

"Nah, I don't play," I replied.

"You do, or you did. You even have the correct technique. Why didn't you tell me?"

"You never asked, it never came up in conversation. Besides. I don't play. I used to play for fun, but I don't anymore." I explained, moving beyond the 3 point line now.

Again, I bounced the ball with my right hand twice, then brought it up, steadying with my left and flicking my wrist. Swish again. I collected the ball, walking back over to Harper and Joey.

"Why don't you play? You have a great shot," Joey questioned.

"I'm not interested in playing competitively. It also holds too many memories," I explained to him.

"Her exes were on the basketball team in high school, they ended up being jerks," Harper mentioned.

"While true, that's not why. It was mine and my dad's thing. Now, are we done delivering sweets, I kind of have homework to do and I need dinner before I get hangry," I said, hoping to end this conversation and get out of here. I'd never admit it to Harper, but being this close to Joey shirtless was getting to me even more than conversations about my dad.