“There’s a Mandalorian. Looking for others of his kind. He was askin’ about passage… He’s wearing beskar.”

I watched the child poke at his bowl of chowder, when a live squid latched onto the baby’s face, and caused him to squeal. “Mando, The Kid-”

“Don’t play with your food.” He says to the kid, casually stabbing the squid which fell dead into his bowl.

¨Hmm. You seek others of your kind?¨ 

¨Yes, we do. And if you can stop with the riddles, it will be gratefully appreciated.¨ I jump in. Mando side glanced at me.

¨Have you seen them?¨ Din continued on.

¨Aye. I can bring you to them.¨

¨Where?¨

¨Only a few hours’ sail. It’ll cost you, though.¨

We ended up on some ferry. There were fishermen all around us, and I looked out at the water. I never had the experience of the ocean,and quite frankly, it made me sick. A deep abyss which goes on for only God knows how far, the waves pushing at the side of the boat…

¨Coming around. Try the other side. Oh, give me! Yeah, thank you. Over the side!¨ A fisherman yells, as a net goes up.

¨You ever see a mamacore eat? Quite a sight. Child might take an interest. You should take a look. Come on over here. Get a good view. Let the kid see.¨ Another says, pushing the Child forward towards a hole in the middle of the ship. The eerie feeling of the abyss began to give me vertigo.

¨All right, close enough.¨ Din orders.

¨There we go. She must be hungry. Oftentimes we’ll feed her in the early morning, but we missed that ’cause we were goin’ out of port!¨ He shoves the Child into the hole, whatever the creature was, swallowed the baby and the carrier.

¨No!¨ Din yells, diving straight into the water filled cage. A cage covered it and he was locked in, struggling for breath.

¨Lock it up! Go, go! Now! Go! The beskar is ours! Drown him!¨

¨Get him! Get him! There we go!¨

¨Drown him. We’re rich, brothers! He didn’t sink! Finish him! Keep him down!¨ I attempt to pull away a fisherman, but was knocked back, my head bouncing off the ground of the ferry. Three Mandalorians came, and they easily and gracefully fought off every fisherman.

The assumable leader unlocked the cage and held her hand out to Din; “Take my hand. There’s a creature.”

“It has the Child.”

“On it!” Another female Mandalorian swan dove into the water.