The deal

Jakes pov

After the briefing from Hailey. I followed Zander to his house. Hailey is also following behind listening to music. No one said anything. It is akwardly silent... And it eventually made me very nervous so I tried opening a conversation.

'Umm... So Zander is there anything I need to know about how to play the piano?'

 Zander just gave me a glare but did not say a thing. He seems kinda worried though. I can tell that he is not willing to say anything to me...not to mention teaching me.

 Hailey seemed to notice this and walk up to Zander. She slightly whispered something in Zander's ear. Then by my surprise, Zander gave me a mischievous smile and continued walking... 

Soon we arrived and Zander opened the door. WOW THE HOUSE IS HUGE. 

'Hey douchebag come with me!' Zander scoffed.

 I immediately ran up and follow him. 

Zander stepped into a room and said ' Wait here for a second will you?' Then the door shut in my face 

'That is so rude Zander...' I complained 'Leaving a guest outside?' 

'What do you expect! You want to see me change!?' Zander yelled in annoyance. '

 My face heated up 'NO... NO OF COURSE NOT!!!' I shouted.

 A few minutes later while I was trying hard to calm down the door opened. Zander stepped out of the room. I stood still blankly staring at Zander. Zander notice the gaze and ask' You coming in or not?'

 Zander notice the gaze and ask' You coming in or not?'

 (He does looks cute. Anyone agree with me?  😋)

I look at Zander... Man... He looks so cute🥺. I just couldn't get my eyes off him. He just looks so good without those formal collared shirts and slacks. I cleared my thoughts and told Zander that he looks cute. 

He blushed and stuttered 'Huh... YOU SAID I LOOK CUTE!?'

 'N-OO'

 'I... UH... JUST COME IN!' He rushed into the room.

 I stepped inside... The room is themed with a lavender kind of purple and has a lavender fragrance. There is a big black bookshelf with a lot of books stacked tidily. Then there are different furniture like a bed  , a clock  and something else. The whole bedroom does not seem big but it is very cozy. 

'Wow this room is amazing...' I exclaimed.

 'Well thanks... I guess. I decorated it myself.'

 And then it is the awkward silence again... Zander stood up and walked to the piano. 

'Well we better get started.

' I look at the piano... For some reason it doesn't look like the one Zander usually uses. 

'Well this is major C... You should bla bla bla...' I have to say Zander is being more patient than I expected him to be. But I still wonder what Hailey said to him that made him change his mind teaching me. I mean Zander can be VERY stubborn sometimes...

After two hours...

' I told you this key is MAJOR C!' Zander shouted

 'Its been two hours... AND YOU STILL CAN'T PLAY MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB!? HOW CAN YOU BE THIS STUPID DOUCHEBAG!! GAGDHJAJUWKXBBSHJAHHDHAJ...'

 ' Ok Zander I get it... Its just that I am very tired... Let me go grab a drink then I'll continue... Ok?' I regretted what I just thought about Zander being patient... I left the room and walked to the kitchen (Zander told him where the kitchen is earlier.) I grabbed a cup of orange juice.

 On the way I saw Hailey in her room singing. I have to admit her singing is amazing. I stepped into Zander's bedroom again and approach to the piano. I wasn't paying much attention to where I am going since I am super tired. I accidentally tripped over myself and... THE GLASS OF ORANGE JUICE IS ALL SPILLED OVER ON ZANDER'S PIANO.

 I look at Zander blankly ready for being yelled at AGAIN... But instead of yelling, Zander dashed out of his bedroom then returned pulling Hailey with him. Zander (with a mischievous smile on his face) yelled 

'See Hailey! He broke the piano. Now you have to pay for my grape juice for a month!!'

 'Oh come on Jake... Are you even that clumsy!' Hailey whined.

 I have completely no idea about what is happening. But the thing that attracts my attention the most is that beautiful smile on Zander's face.

 -- FLASH BACK --

Hailey's pov

Zander seems very worried about his piano . I have to say he likes his piano so much since its a gift from his mother who died in a car crash years ago... So I decided to cheer him up. I don't think that Jake willl really break Zander's piano. 

' Hey Zander calm down. Its going to be fine... Jake won't break your piano. If he really does, I'll pay for your grape  juice bill this month, ok?'

Zander's pov

Hey that is actually a great idea I thought. Since I will just give Jake my spare piano instead. Even Hailey doesn't know that I have a spare piano at home which I use when I practice at home. 'Deal'

 I gave Hailey a confident look. Let me just hope that Jake WILL BREAK my piano.

 Jake's pov

' SO YOU MEAN JAKE DIDN'T BREAK THE PIANO YOUR MOTHER GAVE YOU!!! AND NOW I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE STUPID GRAPE JUICE BILL OF YOURS!' Hailey screamed.

 I have never seen Hailey being such angry before. 

'Hey paying for a few boxes of grape juice isn't that bad... Isn't i?.'

 'Think of how often you see Zander with a juice box Jake...' Hailey looks like she is about to cry. 

'Let me think... In the morning, recess, lunch...' I thought out loud. 

'And also when I'm doing homework and having dinner' Zander smirked.

 'But a promise is a promise sis. You have to pay.' 

'NOOOOO!!' Hailey whined.

' Wait... Jake you are the one who broke the piano. You should be the one who is paying.'

' Wha?'