But Mya's blood ran cold when she saw someone sitting in front of her door. She was still at a far distance, but close enough to see short jet black hair obscuring what would've been Jessie's side profile.

Jessie was sitting with her legs stretched out, her head down as she played with the helmet in her hands, her black pants looking somewhat padded and made of a material that Mya could only assume was protective gear for motorcyclists. Her boots weren't her usual black boots either, they were thicker in shape, taller, and looked super high tech. The moto jacket she sported looked extremely expensive and padded while stylish.

Mya was betwixt, caught between two choices — running away or running straight toward the bull and grabbing it by its horns. She definitely needed to give Jessie a piece of her mind.

Mya gripped her keys tighter, the rugged edges almost breaking through her skin. She wished it was Jessie's neck right about now.

Mya took a shallow breath and approached her door smoothly. Jessie looked up as Mya looked down at her. Jessie quickly shot up on to her feet, holding her helmet in her hand. The darker woman's jaw flexed, her lips parting, but nothing.

Mya folded her arms, her glare sharp, waiting for an explanation or an apology. After a few moments, her impatience and anger got the better of her.

"What do you want?" Mya asked harshly.

Jessie visibly frowned and the forlorn look reminded Mya of a puppy getting scolded. "M-Mya, I'm sorry. For leaving the way I did — for not saying anything or giving you an explanation. You have every right to be upset with me right now."

Mya quickly noticed the way Jessie's torso filled out the moto jacket. The collar went up to the women's neck. Her shoulders looked even broader in the expensive garment and Mya thought the taller woman never looked sexier. She did her best to hold on to that frustration and sadness that didn't allow her to sleep last night.

Mya quickly fished her keycard out of her purse. "If you're not going to give me an explanation and expect me to just put this behind me, you can go home."

"I'm not good with talking about things — please let me come inside and I'll try my best to explain."

Mya opened the door without looking at it, trying to decide whether or not this was a good idea. She truly didn't expect the woman to just show up and sit in front of her door.

How long has she even been sitting here?

Mya rolled her eyes. "Go."

Jessie quickly stepped inside, waiting for Mya to shut the door. The biker tossed her helmet on the messy bed, unzipping her jacket, but keeping it on. Mya turned around, her eyes taking in the full extent of Jessie's outfit. She had on something that resembled a white thermal under her jacket. It was skin-tight, so tight that Mya could see the outline of that lovely toned stomach.

Mya grimaced, trying not to get distracted by the beautiful enigma in front of her. It wasn't fair that Jessie was so righteously sexy without even trying. It made being mad at her a hell of a lot harder.

Jessie sat down at the edge of the bed, looking down at her hands again. Mya sighed quietly and placed her bag and car keys down on the large desk beside her.

"How long were you in front of the door for?" Mya asked.

Jessie shrugged, still looking down at her hands. "Probably 2 hours."

"Why didn't you just text me?"

Jessie finally looked up, "Wouldn't have made a difference."

Mya narrowed her eyes on Jessie, her annoyance flaring. "I'm not doing this with you."