Chapter 3

The peacemakers lead us towards the Justice center were our parents and friends come and say goodbye. Because most likely we will never see each other again.
     I cried. I was hysterical. What would I do?? Stay here? run into the woods? Katniss walked in the door and interrupted my thoughts.
     "Hey little duck." She said.
     "Katniss." I bawled. 
     "Shh. Calm down Ducky, your ok. I'll be your mentor, remember? It's ok."
      I signed with a little relief, but I couldn't stop thinking of the dangers and terror I will soon face in the games.
     "What do I do??" I said. I couldn't focus. I almost passed out.
"You'll be ok." She stroked my hair.
      "Listen. All you need to do is breathe right now. I'll see you soon. You will be ok! I love you." She hugged me. And the peacekeepers escorted her out.
      Mom walked in. That's when my crying got worse.
      "I'll never see you again! I'm gonna die! Mom what do I do? How will I win. Will I ever see you again?"
      "Prim! Sh. You'll be ok. I love you, and no matter what happens I will never forget you."
I smiled and hugged her.
      "Listen," She said. "Pay attention in your training. Do whatever you can to survive." I love you!"
     "I love you too. Please watch buttercup for me?" I cried.
      "Ok." She smiled. And it gave me comfort.
Soon. She was gone.
     "Mom! Mom NO. Don't go! Please! Mom!" I screamed  and I kicked at the peacekeepers. I can't do this. I can't. I can't. I... can't....
     "Prim. Primrose!" My eyes shot open. "It's time to go."