Chapter 3: Maybe

Lexa walks backstage and Aden jumps at her with a hug. Lexa wraps her arms around her little brother, "That was amazing, Lex!" Aden says while Lexa holds onto her brother. She is still shaking from the last song.

"I was so nervous." Lexa chuckles and lets go of her brother before a team swarms her, wiping off sweat and making sure that nothing on her was broken from all the water that was splashed on her and no one ruined her shoes.

"You rocked it, everyone in the crowd was in tears." Aden said to Lexa, who lets the people check her like she is used to all this touching and checking. It isn't her favorite but they are doing their job.

"Cry?" Lexa asks before Titus struts over to her with his clipboard.

"Job well done, Woods. I liked the hose touch, that was good. I also loved the thing you did for the child with the headphones, really going to make the media swoon over that one." Titus said while reading off of his clipboard, "The pride flag was okay but Fox new isn't going to enjoy it."

"I didn't do it for the media, I did it for the little girl. And I don't give a shit what Fox News has to say about my pride." Lexa glares at the bald man, "You need to stop thinking everything I do is to look good for the media." Lexa says while everyone finishes checking her and someone hands her a hoodie, it is cold outside.

"You need to start thinking about the media more. You are already gay and people will use that against you." Titus says, finally looking up from his board, "I am trying to do what is best for you." The man says and then he walks away to order someone else around.

Lexa and Aden look at each other and at the same time they mimick Titus's voice, "I am trying to do what is best for you." Both the siblings laugh a little, "Bus leaves in 3-ish hours so I will go find some snacks." Aden says and Lexa nods.

"Meet you in the bus," Lexa pats Aden's shoulder and they walk their separate ways. The security guards split unevenly, two go with Aden and four go with Lexa.

***

"Come on, Clarke!" Madi grabs Clarke's hand and drags her to the side of the building, "I know where her bus is parked and if we get there first she might say hi." Madi says and Clarke stops in her tracks.

"You what?" The blonde asks in a hushed tone. Madi just keeps walking around the building, "Madi get back here!" Clarke whispers/yells. With a small groan, Clarke follows Madi around the building.

The two make it to the back side of the building just as 5 people walk out of the back door. Clarke and Madi stop in their tracks when they see security guards coming after the two girls.

"Woah there!" A voice calls out and the security guards stop. The Griffins watch Lexa move around the four guards to smile at them, "Hey, ladies. What can I do for you." Lexa grins a little.

"You- You're- H-Hi." Madi stares up at Lexa, Clarke just crosses her arms and looks around.

"Hey. Did you guys have fun tonight?" Lexa asks. Her voice draws Clarke back in to look at the taller woman. Clarke can't help but blush when she sees the singer staring at her with emerald eyes.

"We are sorry. Madi here just doesn't know the term privacy, we will go." Clarke says as she grabs Madi's arm. Lexa reaches her hand out to stop them, she doesn't touch them, but the gesture was enough to make Clarke pause.

"You two are completely fine." Lexa smiles, mainly at Clarke.

"Can I take a picture with you?" Madi squeaks out. This pulls Lexa's attention away from Clarke. Lexa nods while Madi pulls out her phone and snaps a selfie with the singer. Clarke can see the joy in her little sister's eyes, "I heard you got a dog?"