Amelia narrowed her brows, but if she was at all questioning whether or not Harry knew about the party, she didn't mention it.

"How do you feel about Isaac going?"

"It'll give me a way to talk to him at least," I grimaced, giving her elbow a squeeze. "Thanks for asking him."

A sudden ringing across the apartment had us both jumping out of our skin. I straightened, glancing around trying to figure out where the noise was originating from when Gemma materialized in front of me.

"It's almost 6..." she said ominously, reaching out to grab my hand. "It's time to go."

I bit my lip, trying to hide my grin as I gave her a slow nod. Beside me, Amelia burst into a full-on fit of laughter.

"Fuck sake's, Gemma!" she laughed, "You're acting like you're sending her off to war."

"She's the most crucial part of this whole thing!" Gemma cried, releasing my hand and balling her fists in exasperation. "If she can't get Harry there then all of this planning was for nothing."

"So, I've heard," I said with a laugh, pushing off the couch and walking toward the hallway. "I've got this, don't worry."

"Do you want to go over the plan again?" Gemma asked nervously, hovering at my side as I pulled my shoes on. She jerked her thumb back toward Amelia, who was still shaking her head at Gemma's insanity from the couch. "Amelia is going to call you and say she needs you to come pick her up right away. That it's an emergency–"

"Yes, and I am going to tell Harry that we have to take his car and that, under no circumstances can I take the bus so that we can both get there right away."

Gemma nodded vigorously. "Mhm. Yup. And then when you show up at Ty and Luke's place, just keep denying that you've been there before and that it must be a coincidence–"

"Just long enough to get him through the door so that everyone can yell surprise." I finished, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Perfect!" Harry's sister gushed, wrapping her arms around me in a bone-crushing hug. The force of it nearly knocked me off balance and I had to grip onto her shoulders to stay upright. "This is going to be great. I'm so excited."

God, I must really like Harry if I'm going to all of this work to keep his sister pleased.

A small part of me was relieved, albeit a bit guilty, that Harry already knew about the party. While this plan of Gemma's was simple enough, in theory, my anxiety would definitely have been a detrimental factor in actually putting it into fruition.

There was no way I would have been able to both beg Harry to use his car and consistently deny ever having been to Ty and Luke's house before knowing full well it was where I got rip-roaring drunk in anticipation of seeing him and almost did coke. The thought of that night alone made me tremble with embarrassment, having puked my guts out afterwards with Harry at my side.

"It's going to be great. I promise." I affirmed with Gemma, pulling back to hold her at arm's length. "You're a great sister for doing this for him."

"And you're an even better girlfriend for putting up with all of my antics," she said with a deep sigh and a small smile. "Now let's have some fun."

"Let's have some fun," I replied quietly, hoping that my words rang true.

--

If there was one thing that I hated about Harry, it was how he always seemed to catch me off guard.

No matter how much I thought I was used to the sparkling green of his eyes, the soft curl of his hair, the dark and enthralling swirls of ink covering his skin, I was wrong. So wrong. Every time I saw him it felt like I was being choked like the air was being forcibly ripped from my lungs and my head was spinning.