An Unexpected Turn of Events

SKYLAR'S POV

"See you at lunch guys!" I muttered as I made my way upto the library to work on something I had been writing.

"Bye!" Selene and Danielle shouted together and headed off, their arms linked in one anothers.

My mind overflowing with ideas, I headed down to the Library as quick as I could. The quicker I wrote the ideas down, the longer I'll remember them.

I opened the door to the library with my elbow, as I was carrying some books. 

That's when I fell face first onto the floor, my books flying everywhere. Someone had also opened the door, but from the inside of the library.

I got up, swearing under my breath. I avoided looking up at them.

"Sh*t, I'm Sorry," came an apology.

I looked up to see Oliver standing there, running his fingers through his hair.

Right now, I was pissed, so I kept quiet.

"I was trying to help. I thought you would like some," he said, helping me pick up the books which I was holding before I fell.

I took a deep breath as he handed me my books. "It's fine." I said, shaking my head. "My fault."

He shook his head. "It was my fault. Don't take the blame. You did nothing."

I looked up at him. His eyes were Chocolate brown. They were mesmerising. "Okay. Thank you for uh..helping me?" I said, looking down at the books in my hand. 

"You're welcome," he said, chuckling, "I'm Oliver. Oliver Markings. He held out a hand. I couldnt help but notice his American accent.

"Skylar, Skylar Hart." I shook it, laughing.

"Well, Skylar, it was very nice to meet you," Oliver said, beaming.

"You too," I replied, smiling.

"You come here often?" He asked, obviously meaning the library.

I nodded. "Only place I can escape."

He nodded. "I see," he said, looking down. He caught sight of one of my books. "What's that on it?" He asked, gesturing to my book.

I quickly placed my hand over it. "It's nothing. Just my logo." I said.

He raised an eyebrow. "You write?" He asked.

I nodded.

"That's cool."

"Haha, thank you," I replied.

"Well, Skylar, it was awesome to meet you, But I have to be going now. I've been wondering around the school, trying to locate the history room. I don't suppose YOU know where it is, do you?" He looked clueless, it was adorable.

"Yeah, It's right this way," I said, heading out of the library.

"Right. I should have guessed that it wasn't in the library," he muttered.

************************************************************************************************************

OLIVER'S POV

I wondered around the school aimlessly, trying to find the history room. That's how I ended up in the library. 

I don't read unless the book is worth reading. I walked around the library, scanning the books. I was in the horror section when I heard someone trying to get into the library. They were carrying something. I opened the door for them, but I don't think they saw me.

It was the girl from my class. She fell, swearing.

"Sh*t, I'm sorry," I said. "I was just trying to help, I thought you would like some," I said, helping pick up the books which had gone flying when she had fallen.

Once I had collected and given back her books, she bit her lip and shook her head, her hair moving with her head. It was a delicate little gesture.

"It's fine," she said, "my fault."

She seemed so delicate. Without thinking,  I blurted out "It was my fault. Don't take the blame. You did nothing."

She looked taken aback for a second, and I mentally facepalmed myself for saying that. 

She looked up at me. Her eyes were dark brown, more of a black. They contained pain, misery and lonliness, but they also contained happiness and joy, but the pain was there. It was bigger. "Okay. Thank you for uh..helping me?" She said, quickly looking down at her books, breaking eye contact.

"You're welcome," I said, chuckling, the moment of eye contact forgotten. "I'm Oliver. Oliver Markings." I held out a hand.

"Skylar. Skylar Hart," She said, laughing, shaking the hand.

"Well Skylar, it was very nice to meet you," I said, unable to stop beaming like an idiot.

"You too," she said, smiling. It was such a delicate gesture.

"You come here often?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Only place I can escape."

"I see." I looked down to see a hand-drawn logo on one of her books. It was a S and a H joined by a heart. "What's that? I asked, gesturing towards her book that he was holding.

She covered it up with her hand. "It's nothing. Just my logo," she said.

I raised an eyebrow. "You write?" I asked.

She just nodded.

"That's cool," I said.

"Haha, thank you," she replied, smiling.

"Well, Skylar, it was awesome to meet you, But I have to be going now. I've been wondering around the school, trying to locate the history room. I don't suppose YOU know where it is, do you?" I had suddenly remembered the reason I was here.

"Yeah, it's right this way," she said, heading out of the library.

"Right. I should've guessed that it wasn't in the library," I muttered to myself.

************************************************************************************************************