Chapter 23

6 missed calls. 28 unopened messages. And 3 days avoiding him at school. It's been hard for her to try and avoid her best friend. It's also kind of weird to be the one being chased after for once, she was usually the one to run after Tsukki. But after Monday, she avoided him at all costs, and he's been quite persistent in trying to talk to her. Some of his excuses consisted of, "I'm sorry, but you have to agree it sounded kind of ridiculous". It was mostly centered around that actually.

She was walking through the halls to her last period class, trying to balance 7 different books, in her arms. "Yamaguchi!" she'd recognize that voice anywhere. She drops her books and tries to bolt out of the school doors. Key word tries. She's grabbed by her wrist, gently but firm enough so she couldn't run away this time. "Yamaguchi, stop running, for like 5 seconds, please." he.. Begged? But he never begs. "Tadashi I'm sorry. I know I'm a dick, I usually am, and I know what I did hurt you." she attempts to pull her arm out his grip, but there's barely any intent behind it.

"Hurt me? Of course it hurt me, Do you know how much courage it took to tell you that? I was pacing around my room for an hour! But I told myself it was just you, you'd help me if I needed it. But you didn't even take me seriously!" he finally let her hand go, but she didn't run this time. "I thought you were joking. Tadashi I swear I really am sorry." she scoffs looking to the side, noticing the people gathering around, and under normal circumstances she probably would have run away from the attention, but she honestly couldn't bring herself to care at the moment. "Seriously Kei, when have I ever made jokes, like seriously tried to pull a joke like that." she shoves a finger in his chest, looking right into his eyes.

"You're my best friend and it hurt that you have so little faith in me.... But... I forgive you." his face lights up slightly, in a Tsukishima fashion. "But. Forgiveness isn't the same thing as trust. I'll let you work your way up to being friends with me again, until then, it's time you got a taste of what it's like to follow someone around." she bends down to pick up her books, and walks off to class.

"Oh. My. God" she whispered as she slumped down into her desk. "Tadashi! Oh my god that was amazing!" She looks up to see beautiful silver eyes. "Oh hey Suga." She waves and gives a small smile. Suga runs over to her desk, the two boys, who she didn't even notice before, following after. "What are you doing here? I thought your class was on the third floor?" When she looks closer she can see small tear tracks down Suga's eyes, but doesn't mention it. "Oh, the boys and I had something to deal with outside, but I totally wasn't expecting to catch you scolding Tsukishima In the hallway. But I'm proud that you're sticking up for yourself now." Suga hops up onto her desk, patting her hair slightly.

"Yeah Yamaguchi, didn't think you had it in you. What even happened to that scale though, we only heard the tail end of your scolding." Daichi asks Moving to stand closer to Suga, she gives him a small smile. "Well when this first happened." gesturing to her new gender. "I had attempted to tell him, and it seemed like it went well. But when I saw him on Monday, he thought I was lying. I was mad that my Best friend had so little faith in me. But now that I'm saying it out loud, it is kinda of stupid" Suga chuckles slightly, putting her hand to her chin and looking up slightly, as to imitate thinking.

"I don't know, if Daichi thought I was Lying, I would have kicked him in the nuts." Damn. Daichi looked absolutely appalled, discreetly bringing his hand to cover his, y'know. "Geez Kou." Suga just smiled at him, one of the shit eating grins too. "Now you know, you do anything to hurt me in any way, you can say goodbye to having children in the future."The way she said that sounded so threatening, even with a smile on her face. Asahi nervously chuckles, before turning back to Yamaguchi." We really are proud. You guys are growing up well." He pats her on the back before dragging the pale face Daichi and cackling Suga to their classes. Her teacher walks in, opening the attendance book. Only one more hour.

She's standing outside, waiting for her mom to pick her up when he approaches her again. But this time, with a bouquet of flowers, it was a small one, but gorgeous nonetheless. There were Lily's Tulips, and white roses, mixed with green vines. "Day one, of trying to earn you back. I think it's time I start showing you, just how important you are to me, and how much I just want you in my life." he hands her the flowers, smiling, smiling! And walking away. She stares at the flowers for what seems like an eternity. But she's snapped out of it by a honk. When she closes the door of her mom's car, she gently sets the flowers in her lap. "Ooooo, who are those from? Secret admirer?" her mom wiggles her eyebrows. "No. You can't really be a secret admirer when you hand them to me yourself." this just perks her interest even more. "Who is it! Do they like you? Did they ask you out?" she smiles, a blush creeping up on her face. "No, it's not like that. This was just platonic, a way of apologizing for something." There was a slight hope somewhere in her mind, that he really meant it romantically as well. But that's for a different time to deal with.

A.N this was a spur of the moment thing, was literally just reading comments on the Wattpad ver and was like... why don't i write the next chapter?. really added flavour, writing Haikyuu fan fiction, in a Tokyo ghoul hoodie, while sitting in a Naruto headband, and Fairy Tail PJ pants, really pulled the outfit together.