Not too far

After having read the message mister Mulligan therefore hastened to open the paper and he found the bloodied head of the dean of the faculty of biology of the university, professor Drew Martins. The serial killer after having cut his head took care to wrap it in wrapping paper and send it to the police
Mr. Mulligan immediately alerted the officers and the police chief. Police Chief Stephen Smith called a meeting of all the staff.

- Gentlemen, this is really serious. The more time passes, the more our city becomes more and more vulnerable in the face of this serial killer who leaves no trace. The victims rain and fear spreads to the inhabitants of the city. We need to end all of this once and for all.(said mister Smith)
-As Inspector Reagan had suggested, surveillance cameras were placed around the park but we do not know if this is where this murder took place (said mister Mulligan)
-Then to find out, it is necessary that we recover led records. As of this midday I want to have the recordings at my office.Maybe that will give us a clue about this potential killer. Thank you for your attention gentlemen return to your posts. I really wish doctor  Mason were here but he's gone for  a meeting at Paris(replied the chief of police)

Hours later, news of professor Drew Martins's death spread throughout town including the university. During lunch break at the campus cafeteria Bryan and Kimberly were chatting with a new friend they recently met. She's Courtney tate and also wants to be a doctor.

-I still can't believe this killer dared to attack a teacher at our university (said Kimberly)
-Bae, you know the fact that he lashed out at my best friend convinced me that this killer was ready for anything (answered Bryan)
- My brother is in the third year of molecular biology, mr Drew Martins was one of his teachers. He's totally sad and depressed about that (said Courtney)
-The more time passes and the more I tell myself that we will never catch this killer (said Kimberly)
-Don't be pessimistic I'm sure the police will catch him. My father told me that surveillance cameras have been placed around the park so don't worry (said Bryan)

While they  were talking, Kimberly's father, doctor Cooper was passing by their table

-Good appetite children and see you soon for the class ( said doctor Cooper)
-Thank you doctor (answered Bryan and Courtney together)
-Why didn't you answer to your father Kimberly? (asked Courtney)
-Oh sorry I didn't hear I'm so worried about this killer, my mother doesn't even sleep at night anymore(said Kimberly)
- Don't worry my love everything will be fine (said Bryan)
-So another topic , do you know that doctor Mason is gone for Paris for a meeting ?(said Courtney)
-Yes i know my father told me. He should have be gone with him but he declined(said Kimberly)
-I really like to visit Paris. It's such a very great place. I don't know why your father declined (said Bryan)
-I don't know too Kimberly, anyone would have accepted that. But i guess that your father doesn't want to be far from you and your mother (said Courtney)
-Yeah i guess that too(Said Bryan)
-you're really kind to try to make me laugh and forget that killer. Thanks you that's so sweet
-You're welcome my love (said Bryan)
-It's time to go to the amphitheather (said Courtney)
-Sure, let's go(Said Bryan)

During this time at the police station the recordings of the surveillance cameras of the park were in the hands of the chief of police.
He reconvened the staff to view the recordings.

- Let's see if this killer committed his recent crime in Osler park (said mister Smith)
-I hope this is the case, that'll give us a clue in our investigation (said mister Mulligan)

Between all the cameras that have been installed, only one have recorded suspicious activity. This camera was posted just at the entrance of the park at the height of a lamp post. We see a man carrying a body in a wheelbarrow and heading in the park.
This is the only video footage that has been recorded but it constitutes a potential clue. On the video we see that the killer is masked and wears a fake wig.
He is also of slender stature and weak musculature. The corpse in the wheelbarrow was also found in the bushes during the midday patrol and by watching the video we realize that it is the same corpse

-Very good. tomorrow I would like an installation of other surveillance cameras to be done. If we had thought about that we might have seen what happened and how he chopped off his head (said mister Smith)
-Ok it's understood chief (replied Inspector Reagan)
- Very good intuition concerning this story of cameras inspector Reagan(said mister Smith)
-Thanks chief (said inspector Reagan)

Late in the evening when he had just returned alone at home after a dinner in a pizza restaurant with Kimberly, Bryan came across a message in his room which was nevertheless locked, a message probably coming from the killer:

HELLO BRYAN, YOUR FATHER AND HIS COLLEAGUES SURE THINK I HAVE TRAPPED WITH THEIR SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS BUT THEIR PLAN I''VE ALREADY KNOW IT AND I AM NOT THE ONE THEY SEEN ON THE RECORDING, IT'S JUST MY ACOLYTE DUMB THAT I WILL LIKELY KILL TONIGHT. AND I FORGOTTEN, YOUR GIRlFRIEND IS RIGHT TO WORRY. SHE IS THE NEXT ON THE LIST.

Really hope you've enjoyed this chapter😁😁
Next chapter next friday🙂🙂