Twenty||Invaders Part 2

Start from the beginning

Instead, Kayne unknowingly came to my rescue. "The hunters had her, she was a prisoner."

"Or is she a hunter and she just got left behind." The other man glared at me, his hand was placed on his sheathed sword.

"Don't like him." Naxan's anger rose at the look the man was giving me.

"No, Hames. She was a prisoner." Kayne was looking deeply at me. There was conflict written on his face like he was trying to believe his own words.

Baylen stepped towards the campfire and scooped up a plate of food. He handed the plate to me with a utensil. "You're probably hungry. Here have a seat." He gestured to the logs that were brought around the campfire. I thanked him and took a seat, eating some of the food. I guess I was hungrier than I thought. But they probably thought I was starving.

I was able to survive on this island far better than they realized. I nearly snorted at my thoughts, but remained silent and ate the food given to me.

"What food is that?" Naxan asked, peering through my eyes. He grumbled a few words about how terrible my sight was compared to his.

"It's called stew, Nax," I explained. "It has broth, meat, and vegetables in it."

"Plant?" Naxan sounded outraged, feelings of revulsion ran through him into me.

"How have you been able to stay alive all this time?" Kayne asked, sitting beside me. The others sat, too I could feel their eyes on me. I felt like I was on display, and I hated the attention.

I swallowed my food before talking. "Survival instincts?"

"It's just you here?" I turned my head to Baylen who sat on another log beside me.

"It's just me."

"Lies." Naxan's growl weaved through the bond. "Twoleg would be hopeless without Naxan."

I was tired of questions being thrown at me, so I decided to ask a few things. "So, what are you guys doing here?"

"To claim our dragons!" One of the younger males beamed.

I held my spoon in the air, food dripping back into my plate. My eyes narrowed towards the four younger males. Then it clicked. Four stones, four new dragon riders. I turned to Kayne in shock. "The Gods gave out the stones?"

He nodded his head, smiling. "They did yes."

"Good thing too. It's been a damn long time since they showed their faces." Baylen grumbled beside me. "It's a wonder what made them change."

Maybe it was the fact that you people kept denying others the right to be a rider. My thoughts were bitter, but I didn't voice my opinions out loud.

"Sense twoleg is angry. Can Naxan eat them now?" Naxan perked up. He was closer to the camp now. I could feel it inside of the bond. He was a little too close for my liking.

"You're not eating anyone," I said firmly. He grumbled some words and continued to watch me. I couldn't see his eyes through the darkness, but I knew exactly which direction he was in.

"So, what kind of dragons do you think you have?" The four boys listed some names that were unfamiliar to me. Two of them had Airis dragons and the others had a Ceosil and a Dreo. "Whatever that means," I said to Naxan, but I nodded my head like I understood.

I was finished with my food and Kayne took my plate from my grasp, setting it aside with the other dirty dishes. I stood from my seat. "Well, at least she'll come in handy. Now we won't have to do the dishes."