Part 43 - Royal Visitors

Start from the beginning

"That will stay as a reminder that you need to have more situational awareness at all times. You could have prevented the full blast with a simple substitution after all, which I know you all have learned already," Naruto easily answered, "We live in a dangerous world, you have experienced it not that long ago, when Konoha was attacked by Suna and Oto. We thankfully knew ahead of time that it would come and prepared, which allowed us to limit the losses. Enemies won't refrain from attacking our village, if they think they will gain something by doing so. And you, who study to become ninjas, need to know how to deal with that."

"You were part of the forces that defeated the enemy, right? My Dad said you had mastered your father's most famous jutsu," A girl half asked, half stated.

"That's true," Naruto answered and vanished from his spot, only to appear behind the class, "The Flying Thundergod Jutsu that was originally developed by the Second Hokage and which my father, the Fourth Hokage then took to new heights."

The children looked in awe at the execution of the famous jutsu right in front of them.

"The Flying Thundergod jutsu is a masterpiece of space time ninjutsu combined with fuinjutsu. Wherever I leave my marker, I can teleport to in a split second."

"I never knew that it was also fuinjutsu," A boy exclaimed, "Will we learn that too?"

"No, it's too advanced. What I'm going to teach you are the basics of fuinjutsu to see if some of you show talent in the art. It takes time to study this, as it is complicated. The difficulty is comparable with medical jutsu. You can teach anybody first aid, which is using and recognising fuinjutsu for that area. Common seals include explosive tags, light bombs, paralysis seals and storage seals. Any ninja needs to know how to use the basic seals and how to distinguish between them," Naruto lectured.

"Medical jutsu needs high levels of chakra control and knowledge of how the boy works, fuinjutsu needs high levels of calligraphy and memorisation of how to build up a seal. With learning the basics, you will be able to make your own storage scrolls, explosive tags of low power and privacy seals to make sure you can't be overheard. Comparable how a medic first needs to learn the mystical palm jutsu before he or she is allowed to work on the higher level things like treating deep flesh wounds and the like. It is all building up from zero and concentrating to not make mistakes. It can cost lives in both cases," Naruto warned.

The children listened closely. Naruto returned to his spot in front of the class.

"We will start today with looking at storage seals. They are the most commonly used seals in the ninja world. Be it to carry large amounts of supplies in a single scroll or to hide a special thing you have on your person. New orders for bases outside of Konoha are also transported in storage scrolls that are keyed to the chakra signature of the commanding ninja of a base to prevent that information falls into enemy hands," Naruto explained and then started to write a few things onto the blackboard.

"This is a simple array, which you will work on first. It is a storage seal that can hold one item, like a shuriken or kunai. I will teach you how to create it and then you will practice with normal pens and paper at first. The ones that I clear for attempting it for real after three successful tries, will get special chakra conductive ink to write out the real seal. For this it doesn't matter how fast you work, but how precise. Fuinjutsu can be dangerous if you make a mistake in the setup. With a storage scroll it won't matter, it just won't work, but imagine if you messed up an exploding tag. That could cost you and others their lives. Not something we want to happen, so never mess around with this art," Naruto warned and got serious nods.

Then he started explaining how to build up a seal from the inside to the outside. The children paid attention and then Naruto handed out the utensils to practice, while having three shadow clones assist in helping the children to draw the seal correctly. The glitter stayed on the whole class and only at the end Naruto told them that it would come down when they took a shower and to not be caught off guard the next time like they were this time. And to not expect him to use the same trap twice.