Part 37 - Battle Train

Battle Train

Doto wasn't a happy man, actually he was downright furious. Somebody had infiltrated his main base and not only destroyed his whole stock of chakra armour there, but they also had debilitated seventy per cent of his security personnel. He didn't know who it was that had done it, but he would show them why it was a very bad idea to make him angry. Right now he was discussing the next steps with Nadare. He needed Koyuki and the hexagonal crystal for his plans.

"Your job, Nadare, is taking out these Konoha pests. There is no doubt that they are behind the sabotage. I don't know how they got in here, but I want the holes in security closed. We're too close to our goal to fail now," Doto declared.

"Yes, Lord Doto. Do you have any particular plans how to deal with the Konoha ninjas? And do we know more about their identities?" Nadare asked.

"I ordered the newest editions of the bingo books from all villages that we're in contact with. These came out just a week ago. Anybody of interest should be in there. I haven't looked through it yet. As you and your team encountered them, you should know most about them," Doto informed Nadare.

"I'll immediately go through the entries about them and brief my underlings. Some of their jutsus were also already shown to us and we'll use that to create strategies against them," Nadare assured him.

"Good. Inform me of the identities of those that you can identify, as I might encounter them in the future," Doto ordered and Nadare bowed, leaving to get to work.

Nadare, as the only one to escape the fight with the Konoha team, had to go through the bingo book by himself, though he had some others assist by taking out the pages of each bingo book and sort them by village affiliation. Finally he had some confirmations.

"Alright, listen," he called out to the ninjas that were under his command at the base, "I now know a few of the ninjas that were involved in the fight. It seems we are working against one genin team under jonin Gai Maito and two higher ranked ninjas. Gai is a taijutsu specialist and dangerous. His taijutsu style is the strong fist, which relies on speed and raw power. He's rumoured to have been a rival to the Godaime Hokage, Kakashi Hatake, in strength. Thankfully he's considered really stupid, but don't let your guard down when you encounter him. Gai is known to have mastered the lotus and the eight inner gates, so caution is needed. He's one of the fastest ninjas alive and you can be sure that he can outrun any of our fighters. We need to trap him somehow to take away his speed advantage. It might be a good idea to target the genins under his command to achieve that. Gai is an A-rank elite jonin.

"Next on the list is Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze. A specialist in fuinjutsu and ninjutsu. Recently promoted to special jonin, despite only being thirteen years old. He's the son of Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki, who should be known to the older ninjas among us. The Yondaime Hokage's famous Flying Thundergod jutsu was confirmed to have been used by his son in the invasion of Konoha. He's also confirmed as a seal master, which makes him even more dangerous. It might be possible that he has the toad summoning contract, but thankfully in our climate he probably won't call upon a battle toad. Despite his youth, the boy is highly dangerous. According to the bingo book, Naruto has been involved in the fall of Gato in Wave Country and the defeat of a team of Iwa ninjas. He's already been given A-rank as a threat, mainly because of the Flying Thundergod jutsu.

"Last on the identified list is Tenten Jakonato, who's only got a mention in the book for having worked together with Naruto during the invasion of Konoha. She has essentially been the one to throw the kunais used for the flying Thundergod jutsus to exactly the right places for Naruto to profit from it. I would rank her as a C-rank threat on her own, higher when working in a team with Naruto. No matter what, don't underestimate her. If she's that proficient with kunai, we can assume that she probably knows how to handle other weapons as well and a sniper always bears the risk of having to deal with long-distance attacks via explosive tags.