Part 19 - Assassination

Assassination

It was just eleven and everything was quiet. Their next bigger job would be in three days and until then he would be off duty. He had just finished his last guard shift and was about to shower and then turn in for the night. Tomorrow evening he would go to the brothel Gato had graciously placed in the camp. While the women they had there were nothing special and used, sometimes a man just needed a pussy to fuck. He walked towards his bunk when he felt a cut on his throat and a sharp pain, and then everything went black.

Naruto's clones had taken positions since the original Naruto had given the command and produced the number of clones needed for this dirty mission. Each clone had about two thugs to kill. No flashy jutsus, no false bravery, just simple by the book assassination. Infiltration of the camp, taking position close to the targets and then a quick kill. He would later have to deal with the effects of his kills. He theoretically knew why this was necessary. If the thugs were left alive, they would be a threat to their mission and Wave would never recover. Even if the villagers would finally wake up and stand up to Gato, these numbers were simply too much. A group of thirty thugs was one thing. That a group of determined villagers could handle if they really wanted. But thousand? No wonder that Gato had no problems controlling the people. The clones knew not to dispel until they got the signal. The original Naruto couldn't be distracted with his guilt for taking all those lives. Within five minutes five hundred thugs had died thanks to them not suspecting anything.

Only one clone dispelled and he had only got the signal from the clones in the camp that the deed was done. He had seen nothing of the blitz attack and would only inform the original that the job was done. Otherwise Naruto wouldn't be able to perform in the rest of the mission properly. And that would definitely end in all their deaths.

It was five in the morning. In one hour shifts would be changed and fresh guards would take over. Kakashi and Naruto would enter the building from two sides. Both completely disguised with no insignia of a village. Naruto waited until the planned time and transformed to bypass the two guards undetected. Once inside the building, he went for the rooms that were his targets. The dorms of the normal thugs. They were located on the lower levels. The upper levels were the supposedly stronger thugs and the ninjas. That would be Kakashi's job. Naruto still had enough rooms to cover. With the base currently holding four hundred thugs, he had two hundred to kill. Once he had reached the silent corridor where the first bunch of thugs slept, he made three clones for each room and sent them inside.

After not even a minute all the clones returned and just nodded. Meaning they had killed the thugs. Naruto repeated the performance on the next two floors. The last floor was a bit different. He coincidentally found Aoi Rokusho awake on that floor.

"Seems my hunch was correct. The hours shortly before dawn are perfectly suited for an attack. You won't kill me as easily as those common thugs." He said and took out his umbrella.

Naruto knew that he should keep this mission as silent as possible and placed a silencing seal on the wall.

"Now we won't disturb the others. We can be as noisy as we want to be." Naruto said.

"You're very delusional if you think you can defeat me. I'm a jonin, no comparison to those thugs that don't know how a ninja works." Aoi boasted.

"I will enjoy disillusioning you on your arrogance. You only are listed as B-ranked missing nin from Konoha because you stole the sword of the Nidaime Hokage. It's the sword that's strong, not you." Naruto taunted.

"I'll show you just how powerful I am. You want to see the sword of the Lightning God? That can be arranged." He snapped and took the sword from the belt he wore and activated it.