Why Not Dance The Night Away?

Start from the beginning

Blaise just gave her a grin that said as much as she needed to know.

She hummed, turning back to her lunch. "I knew I liked your mom for a reason other than her pet lion."

The Slytherins took the day off to relax in the Common Room before the Ball, but when a timer went off for three hours till all the girls seemed to start heading for the stairs in groups. Lena was dragged away from her jeans and hot chocolate by Ginny (who had ended up being asked by Blaise), Fleur, and Daphne.

She mostly helped with the other's hair, as hers was going to be left to fall down her shoulders in soft waves as she'd had braids in all day, and then Daphne taught them charms to apply basic makeup charms.

Finally putting on her dress, having Ginny stolen by her other friends, she and the others talked about frivolous and silly things until Daphne clapped her hands and made them get their shoes on. Showing them spells to balance the high-heels better and to prevent blisters, the girl stopped her from leaving. "You're forgetting something."

Lena blinked. "What?"

"Well, first that locket- it clashes with your dress- and also... this." The black and green crown was handed to her. "You are the Queen. Plus, you can make a temporary gold and black one for Cedric"

Huffing she took the crown, putting it on, and then doing a low-level sticking charm to her hair, charming it against summoning or tampering. "Yes alright. But the locket-"

Daphne cut her off. "Has to go!~" Reaching for the locket, the girl jolted back, frowning. "It shocked me!"

"Of course I did, insolent girl."

"Daph, it's not something I want to take off, even for this."

The girl pouted. "Pleaseeeee Lena? You'd look perfect without it!"

"Don't you dare."

Hey, darling, I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll put you back on as soon as I get back to the room.

"What? No! Don't take me off! What if that boy gets ideas in his head abo-"

Shaking her head slightly, she took the locket off and carefully put it in the locked compartment of her trunk, standing. "Alright. Can we go now?"

Nodding with a wide grin, Daphne dragged her down through the mostly-empty common room, Theo waiting for them. He smiled at her. "You look lovely Lena, and Daphne... you made the stars weep you're so beautiful, I think that my heart might just-"

"Where's Cedric?" She cut him off before they got lost in each other's eyes or something.

"Uh- right. He went down to wait with Viktor for Hermione."

Nodding and leaving quickly, hearing the poetry start back up, she shivered slightly at the cold of the dungeons against her exposed back and moved towards the main staircase. Spotting Cedric though the few mingling students left, she smiled brightly and moved to his side slipping her arm into his. "Ready to dance?"

Looking at her with wide eyes, the boy blinked a few times. "Lena... You look beautiful."

Flushing slightly at his unusually stunned gaze, she had to force herself not to look away from his gaze. "Daphne's fault."

"I'll have to get her a box of chocolates then." Grinning at her in the fond way of his, he held out his arm, noticing that Viktor and Hermione had shown.

She quickly transfigured a golden crown for him, setting it on his head before taking his arm. "There. Perfect."

Cedric smiled cheekily. "Are you ready to dance the night away with me, dear?"