𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 ~ 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦

Start from the beginning

After pressing a kiss to Ed's jawline, I leave him with Cole, as Jessica and I go to get drinks.

"So..." Jessica begins, "How was it?"

"God, I thought I'd just gotten away from that question." I roll my eyes and hand her a cup.

"Come on, Skye." She presses, "We're, like, best friends now—so by Best Friend Law you legally have to tell me!"

"Best friends?" I raise an eyebrow and take a sip of my beer, "I like the sound of that."

She sets a hand on her hip, "Oh yeah? Well, if you want to keep hearing it, you better tell me how last night was."

"Fine!" I laugh lightly at her, "It was...really, really good."

Jessica eyes me, "Is that all? Come on, Skye; I need some details."

"Well, he was really sweet the entire time, and gentle and loving and—"

"Barf." I hear someone vocalising a vomiting sound behind me.

I turn around to see that it's Madison.

"What are you even doing here, Maddy?" Jessica sighs at her twin, sending me a look that says just ignore her.

"Ed invited me..." She smiles back a sickly-sweet smile, flicking her long, glossy hair over her shoulder, "And plus, Eddy and I had some good times on this yacht..."

You did not, I think but say nothing.

"Just get lost, Madison." Jessica rolls her eyes.

"I'm going, God! You never knew how to take a joke, Jessica." She grabs a drink and then leaves, though not before sending an evil wink back at me, "Have fun with Eddy...but just remember that he's not gonna want you forever."

"Ugh." I take another sip of my drink, "I know she's your twin and all, but she can be a total bitch."

"I know, don't worry." Jessica laughs, and we move away from the drinks table in order to avoid any other unwanted encounters.

Remembering that last time I was at a party like this, I got absolutely wasted, I grab a few salted potato chips to eat—I'd rather remember most of tonight, thank you very much!

"So, you're continuing to stay in California?" Jessica asks, and I nod, so she tells me, "That's good, I'm happy you're staying. Ed's a really close friend to me, especially after all that crap with Cole and Maddy, and I'm glad that you make him happy."

"You think?" I question absentmindedly, because Ed is looking over at us, and I'm smiling right back at him.

"Hell yeah." She affirms, "He's crazy about you."

"We love each other." I tell her, causing her to squeal.

"Aww! I'm so happy for you both!" She jumps up and down, "Cole haven't reached that stage again yet—we're kinda taking things slow."

"So, you've not...you know?" My question is half-cautious—because even though I've already spoken to her about me and Ed in that way, but I'm not sure if she's ready to speak to me about her and Cole in that way.

"I tell you, Skye." Jessica says seriously, hand on my arm, "Make-up sex is so much better than I ever thought it would be."

I supress a laugh, "Really?"

"Yeah, it's like almost as good as first-time sex with him..." She drifts off into her thoughts about her and Cole.

Thankfully, Ed comes over and saves from having to talk about other intimate stuff with Jessica.