Kill plan B part 2

Start from the beginning

"I wanted to talk to the both of you, if that's alright?" Bonnie asked as she looked between Stefan and Damon.

"More judging or are you just going to try and light me on fire again?" Damon sneered.

"I deserved that." Bonnie admitted. "I actually wanted to apologize for how I have been behaving and how I've treated you both. It was wrong of me to try and dictate how you should behave and be even though you are not human. I hope you can forgive me but I'm not expecting you to."

Elena looked proud of her while Damon and Stefan shared a long look and then they turned towards Bonnie.

"I forgive you, but I won't forget and I refuse to trust you until you have proven that you actually mean what you said." Damon said seriously.

"I agree with my brother." Stefan nodded but then he glared at Bonnie. "But if you ever try and hurt my brother again without just cause, I will show you why I'm famous in some circles."

"That's fair." Bonnie agreed, feeling a little scared.

"I'll get it." Stefan said as there was a knock on the door.

"Hey, puppy." Elena called out as Stefan came back into the parlor with Mason.

"You are not letting that go, are you?" Mason chuckled.

"Not on your life." Elena smirked. "Anyway, Bonnie this is Mason, the group puppy. Mason this is Bonnie, the group hag."

"Nice to meet you." Mason laughed and held out his hand towards Bonnie. "To clarify, I'm a werewolf."

"Witch." Bonnie shook his hand then she turned towards Elena. "Hag? Really?"

"What?" Elena smirked. "You're the group hag, Mason the puppy, Stefan and Damon are the leeches and I am the crazy mascot."

"And we love our crazy mascot!" Damon picked her up and ran around the room with her over his shoulder.

Even as she laughed, she heard Stefan ask Bonnie, "Do you know what happened to her to make her feel like she is unlovable?"

Damon put a giggling Elena down as Bonnie shook her head slowly.

"So, what can we help you with?" Elena looked at Mason with bright eyes.

"We need to talk and it is not a happy talk but you guys are my friends and I feel like I can trust you." Mason told them slowly.

"Do I need bourbon for this talk?" Elena asked. "Eh, never mind, I'm having bourbon."

"You drink a lot of bourbon?" Bonnie wondered as she looked at Elena.

"It makes my tummy feel all warm and tingly." Elena beamed back.

"What is the talk about?" Stefan asked Mason as the five of them sat down in front of the fire place.

"I've been sort of working with Kathrine Pierce." Mason mumbled but everyone heard him.

"What?!" Damon was up on his feet and glaring at Mason.

"Damon, calm down and let him talk." Elena grabbed his arm to pull him back down. "As I've told Stefan, we are not judging our friends without having the whole story."

"Thank you, Elena." Mason sighed. "It started when I accidentally triggered my werewolf gene. She was there and she explained and helped me through it."

"Accidentally?" Bonnie asked.

"It was close to a full moon and my temper was high." Mason told them slowly. "And my best friend just starting attacking me and accusing me and we got into a fight and then he was dead."