Chapter X : To The End of Times

Start from the beginning

"I got you." Nikolas catches Love in his arms when she stumbles back, almost passing out.

She grabs on to his arm, still watching as the dryad is transforming into a gigantic tree. Her eyes closed as it merges with the trunk, her nose creating a sigil.

"Fuck, Love." Levi approaches Love, along with Nolan and Laveau. "You were- you reversed the spell!" She pulls her sister into an embrace, "Gods, parents are so going to hear about this!"

"Jesus." Laveau pats Love in the back with a heavy sigh.

"Since when do you believe in Jesus?" Nikolas jokes.

"Oh, hush. I am overwhelmed."

"You did great, Love," Nolan chuckles when Love lazily rests her chin on Levi's shoulder. She realizes Nolan is holding a warhammer.

"Look, Lev," Love chuckles, "you're dating Thor."

"Are you serious?" Levi pulls away. "I just stopped you from getting killed by those damned guards, and the only thing you could say is that...?"

"Thank you, and you're dating She-Thor." Love chuckles, pinching Levi's cheek. She backs away, laughing. "Miss Laveau? Please talk to the stupid royals not to take down the tree. I need her."

Laveau looks at her curiously, "and what are you planning to do with the tree?"

"I am going to use the sigil to travel to Gardenia." Love admits. Levi gasps in shock that she chokes instantly. "I- I was asked by Nyx to save both Fenrir and Artemis. Now that I know how to reverse the spell, I can help them."

Laveau silences for awhile, before nodding herself calmly. "You may see me tomorrow." She orders, "I will help you prepare for your trip."

Nolan steps in, "I will help you learn a few fighting tricks."

"Hey. She asked me first." Nikolas protests. "Stay with the other twin."

Nolan laughs, "all right, big guy. You are a jock, not a fighter."

Love chuckles, looking up at Nik. She squeezes his arm, "you can help me as well. You know, in private."

All of the bitterness falters from his face. He shakes his head, chuckling. "You owe me a date." He ruffles her hair gently.

"Wh- what?" Levi stares in horror, "and everyone just agrees with Love's decision?"

"The decision's been made." Laveau clasps Levi on the shoulder. "I have seen the state of Gardenia. Fenrir is back on chains underground, it may trigger Him to do something... Brutal."

Levi steps back, confused, "I'll go with." She demands, "I don't care what you say. What all of you say. What the deities say. What parents say. I am coming with you to Gardenia."

"Lev..." Love was about to protest when Levi holds a hand up. Her brows furrowed in anger.

"I. Am. Going. With. You."

Love steps closer to Levi. Words caught in her throat. As much as she disagrees, one of them have got to understand each other. "Welcome to the field of death." Love holds a finger up.

Levi sighs, chuckling. She presses her index on hers. "We will not die, you ass."

***

Love sneaks out of the medical wing exactly at 5 am. She was dying for a rest, but all she did was toss, turn and cry the traumatic experience away. She stole some bandages from the nurse office, using them to cover up the dark stains on her fingertips that already spread up to the center parts of her fingers.