Chapter V : We Shall Not be Drowned in River Styx

The castle sure has a lot of unknown, ancient entities. To avoid the loud festival outside, the dancing and familiar race competition, Love decides to explore the castle and touches everything she could, even if they are dusty. The music room is hidden behind its small façade, but when Love walks in to play the piano, she notices the room turns into almost the size of a theatre.

The scenery outside of the huge window has transformed completely. Not the school ground anymore, nowhere near Crimson Cove, in fact. But what seems like a paradise. It's snowing, two black dogs can be seen chasing each other outside, playing and wrestling like sisters.

Love eyes the black piano, sitting on the small stage, practically begging to be played. A strong scent of lavender suddenly appears in the room, along with the candles at the corner of the room for protection is suddenly lit.

Sitting on the bench, Love runs her finger across the shiny surface. It reminds her of the time back when she was only 16 year-old, how she was taught to play piano and violin religiously. It used to help with the restlessness and insomnia, not anymore.

"Look, Hekate," Love whispers with a smile on her face, "I'm back to where I was 4 years ago."

Love frowns when she notices a few coins sitting on the music rack. She turns her head around to see the empty class room, hoping to catch a glimpse of anyone in the room with her. But all she feels is the presence of Hekate, and somebody new.

Who could be leaving coins?

"A garden fae?" She frowns in confusion. "...Hades? Eh, whoever you are. Be a guest and hear me play."

Love turns back around, inhaling deeply, but without seeing a glimpse of the same black mist from last night outside the window. A wave of anxiety instantly upsets her stomach. Somewhere in her mind, she wonders whether it was someone bigger and way more dangerous? Someone she cannot face at all?

Her shaky hands hover the keyboard. Her fingers begin to play one of the most complex, fast tune on the piano, she focuses all her might to the piano. Like she always did. Though, her mind overthinks the worst, her fingers play even gracefully. Tapping the tunes like a true pianist despite only learning for 2 years.

"You're safe." A deeper, gruff voice says at the back of her head.

Love is calmed by a sudden urge to take control of herself. She relaxes her shoulders, unclenches her stomach muscles and jaws. Mozart plus Chopin; the tempo is fast, yet somehow the sound is filled with melancholia.

"That is certainly a talent you've got there," a woman's voice suddenly startles Love. She stops playing and turns to look at a tall, captivating woman standing on the doorway. "I must say, in a school full of spellcasters, I never heard any of them play as emotional as you just did."

Love wides her eyes in shock when she recognizes the face, immediately getting up from the bench to collect herself. "Mrs. Marie Laveau II." She smiles, bowing her head a little. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Marie Laveau II walks into the room. A yellow pashmina draped over her shoulders, simple black dress, golden necklaces and earrings never looked so captivating. "Hmm. You've got companions?" She asks curiously.

Love grabs the coins from the music rack and quickly makes her way down the stage. "My deity," Love smiles forcefully, "She loves the music I play."

Mrs. Laveau nods in understanding. "Of course. Was I interrupting?"

Love glances over the candles, and they're already dead. But somehow, she could still feel Hekate and Her Friend's presence. "It's okay." I say. "I will play again when I'm more ready. I was a little bit- you know, carried away."