Chapter X : To The End of Times

Start from the beginning

Love glances down, and she can see Laveau. The vines have stopped spreading, thankfully from Laveau's simple retraction powder to keep plants from growing bigger than it needs to. The others, however, are way too busy fighting off Soulless. Levi and Nikolas stay beside Laveau, Love gives them a sign to not attack and convince others that she is doing her best.

"Your home is in Gardenia, you are here because you are under a spell." Love looks at the dryad in the eyes. She blinks in realization at the name, "a dark witch's spell. You do not want to cause chaos, let alone kill innocent people."

".... Why..." The dryad's voice comes out as a desperate groan, "... I must die for my land..."

"No. You must not. Not this way! Die honorably." Love lowers her hand to touch the vine around her waist, "I will help you get out of the witch's spell, you deserve to rest. Artemis would not want you to behave this way!"

She staggers back at the mention of Artemis' name. Love notice a herd of royal knights arrived with their horses, in instance, Laveau orders them not to injure the dryad.

"My Goddess..." The dryad blinks, and slowly, her eyes return to the color of a copper. The dark veins still surround her eyes. "I shall not- My Goddess- no, get out of my head, witch!" She shakes her head, causing dry branches to fall off of her head.

"We must obliterate the monster! King's order!" One of the knight yells, "archers! Ready!"

Levi summons Sushi as she walks toward the front line of the knights. Her anger rises, knowing that if they do not stand down, her sister might die as well. "No." She growls, which the frontliner ignores.

"Archers! On my count..."

Holding out her palms, Levi inhales deeply, finding the fire element deep within her soul. "I said..." She exhales, "no!"

Creating a line of inferno infront of the herd of knights and blasts of air that scares the horses along with the knights, they begin to back up, the archers stand down. The wind that Levi creates make it impossible for them to shoot the arrows.

Love's eyes are still fixed in the dryad, she closes her eyes in concentration to connect with the dryad's soul. With the presence of Hekate and... something more infernal beside her, "the power of blood shall be tamed," she chants, holding the vine around her waist in her grip, "it will return to the caster. Blood magick shall not belong to anyone that does not crave its baneful power."

Laveau, on the other hand, holds off the Soulless with a simple press of her hand on each of their heads. She has casted a spell in which the Soulless reveals its true self, not behind a glamour. Nolan runs toward Levi's side, she puts a hand on her shoulder to calm her down from the rage.

Kali helps people go toward Belhonor, they have a safe haven under the castle that could be used in situation like these. Laurent creates a ward by the alley where most of the dead bodies are tangled up together under the vines, the missing people that are reported, possibly more than ten.

"You will help me reach Gardenia." Love opens her eyes, which has changed color, to the color of the sunset, or rather a fire.

The dryad planted her legs on the ground, another earthquake happens. Love can feel the vine around her waists weaken. "My Goddess," she stares into Love's eyes. When her legs are deep enough into the ground, it transforms into a strong roots. "Seek for her, and you will be in our debt forever."

Love blinks a few times when it feels like her own eyes could blind herself. The vine slowly puts her down to her two feet, before transforming into one of the small branches. The dryad before Love sighs heavily, smiling at last, as her body changes into a rock hard trunk.