28 : lucky charm bracelet.

Start from the beginning

"Does she know you're taking it?" Reid asks.

I shake my head, "She's not here, so no, she doesn't. But I will return it once I am able to hold her again." I state, grabbing the charm bracelet, "She doesn't even know that I know about the charm bracelet. She keeps it as a secret thing for luck - it's not something she uses as a conversation starter...but I pay attention to the little things pretty boy." I state, shutting Jules's locker.

Reid pierces his lips together and rocks in place as I pat his shoulder, walking away slowly.

We walk out of the bureau, meeting in the parking lot by the SUVs.

"Reid, you and JJ go with Morgan. Prentiss and Rossi, come with me." Hotch instructs.

"I'm driving." I call out as Reid and JJ nod.

They both decide to climb in the backseat - I assume that it's because Jules will be coming with us if Foyet left her unharmed.

The drive is longer than expected, mostly filled with briefing and Garcia telling us where to go.

•••

We pull into a small path, next to cornrows. As we all climb out of the SUVs, we stay sure to keep our distance from the cabin - making sure we don't blow our covers.

We gather up in a small circle, all glancing at Hotch for instruction and orders.

Hotch's face goes stern, "Morgan, Prentiss and I will take the back. Rossi, JJ, and Reid take the back." He instructs as we all nod.

"FBI!" I yell, kicking down the front door of the cabin.

Immediately, when the cabin door busts down, we see Foyet trying to make a run for it.

I shake my head, "This son of a bitch." I mumble, running after him, tackling him to the ground.

Foyet groans as I grasp a hold of his wrist.

"Ow! You're hurting my shoulder." He complains.

"Oh yeah? Well, too bad." I state, straining his arm even more as I slap the cuffs on his wrists, passing him onto Rossi.

Rossi nods, taking him out to patrol cars. We search the house, no sign of Jules.

I head out back, glancing around.

"She's gotta be here somewhere." I mumble to myself.

Muffled banging comes from below my feet, where I'm standing, "Help! Somebody! Whoever is out there. Please!" A familiar voice calls out - the voice muffled.

"Jules? Jules, baby? Can you hear me?" I ask.

"Derek!?" She exclaims in relief.

"I'm here, baby, I'm here." I reassure her.

I move a bunch of dirt, digging up a hatchet that leads to an underground bunker.

Heading into the underground bunker, I see Jules sitting on the floor in the distance - only wearing a bra and leggings. Her legs are tied with rope, her hands tied with zipties. There's a sweaty t-shirt tied around her face, muffling her cries.

Jules lets out a muffled squeal in relief.

"Help me, please." Jules pleads, crying as she hits her heels against the floor, trying to get the rope off her ankles.

I run to her, "Baby, don't do that. You're gonna injure yourself badly. This floor isn't sturdy, it's not safe to do that." I explain.

I take the sweaty t-shirt out of her mouth as she lets out a huge exhale.

"Thank you." She states, her cheeks stained with mascara.

I nod, untying the rope around her ankles, revealing a couple of cuts and bruises. I release the zipties around Jules' wrists as she shakes them to wake up her hands.

She looks up to me, her eyes longing. I help her to her feet. She rushes into my arms, giving me a tight hug, as I pick her up, carrying her out of the underground bunker.

"I got her!" I call out to the team, located next to the SUVs.

They all cheer in relief as I carry her, gripping her tighter to warm her up. I let her go, as she sits down on the edge of the back of the ambulance.

I hand her my FBI jacket, wrapping her up in it.

"Thank you." She states with a soft smile.

"You're welcome." I state, giving her a small kiss on the forehead, sitting beside her.

"You have no extensive injuries, so there's no need for a hospital visit. Just keep the bandages on until morning and take care of the cuts at you usually would." The EMT instructs as Jules' nods.

The EMT walks away to talk to Hotch, letting Jules sit on the edge of the ambulance for a little longer so she can catch her breath and process everything that went down in the last twenty four hours.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I was just- I was scared." She states, shaking her head.

I nod in understanding, "Well, lucky for you, your lucky charm bracelet worked." I state, grabbing the charm bracelet from my pocket, handing it to her carefully.

Jules giggles softly as her cheeks flush at the sight of her charm bracelet, "How'd you know about this?" She asks, her eyes meeting mine.

I shrug my shoulders in a cocky way, "I pay attention to the little things. You choose a new charm for each new case. You wear the french fry charm on every single one of our dates - resembling the french fries you took from me on our first one in Chicago. You use the double heart one whenever you come to my house - resembling our relationship. And you always play with that charm bracelet when you get nervous." I explain, shrugging my shoulders.

Jules' eyes water a bit as she giggles, "I don't even know why I'm crying.." She states, "I- You really do pay attention to the little things." She states, a sound of relief coming over her tone.

"Of course I do." I state, standing up, helping Jules up along with me.

I lace my hand with hers, walking to the SUVs. Jules runs up to Hotch, giving him a tight hug.

"Oh Thank God, you're okay." Hotch states as a sound of relief comes over his voice. He hugs Jules tightly, not wanting to let go.

"I'm okay Dad." She states in a reassuring tone, releasing herself from the hug.

Jules looks up at me, her eyes longing. I lace my hands with hers, walking to the SUV with her.

I open the passenger side door for Jules, letting her slip inside the SUV before running to the driver side. I start the car, honking to signal Reid and JJ that we're ready to go.

"That really wasn't necessary." Reid states, his cheeks flushing in embarrassment as he climbs into the backseat with JJ.

"You guys were taking too long." I state in a sarcastic, joking tone as I turn the car around, pulling out of the small driveway.

Thank God Jules is safe.