Chaos is good

The day of Holi

Author POV

     Wanda was speechless. The young avenger couldn't decide if she wanted to add more chaos or enjoy from th sidelines. She had woken up to cold water being thrown oh her face, by a giggling Subhadra who had ran away the next minute.

     In pursuit of the princess, the avenger had ended up in the gardens which were draped in different colours and the people there looked even colourful.

     Krishn was in his usual yellow and orange clothes which were then dripping with water and coloured in blue, green and even pink colours. His brother was no different and neither was his father. His mother and stepmother were sitting on the sides, glaring at anyone who came close to them with colours. Their faces had a little hint of pink and red colour on their cheeks and nothing more.

      Rukmini was in gold and red clothes, covered in blue and purple colours with her face painted green and water in her hair, Revati was drenched in red water that was quite prominent on her yellow clothes. Subhadra was pasting colour on Peter just as Steve managed to get out of Natasha's clutches, painted blue, just the shade of his suit.

      Tony was busy pouring green colour on Bruce to notice Clint sneaking up behind him and throwing a bucket full of water at him.

     Wanda stood there, a smug look on her face as she saw that her clothes weren't too bad but that look disappeared the second she felt the powdery substance on her head and her back. She yelped and turned around only to find Steve laughing with all the life of him.

      Tony saw a chance and took it. He took a handful of blue colour in one had and red in another. He crept behind Peter, who was grumbling about not being able to show his spider sense almost inaudibly. Tony took his chance and rubbed the colour all over Peter's face -making sure not to hurt him, of course- and laughed at the result he got.

      If he was being honest with himself, Bruce never had such fun with his team, after that god awful disagreement between Tony and Steve. He had never felt so connected to them even before that fiasco. The calming feeling in him was never there, no matter what he did. It even seemed that The Other Guy wouldn't be showing up so long as he remained in this small bubble that surrounded him.

      "Living in the present is a great thing, you know." Bruce had expected it to be one of his teammates or Krishn. But it was the man's (god's?) wife. Rukmini was standing there, right beside him, with a wistful smile on her face.

        "Well, one's mind can wander to unknown places." "I hope you know that change is the constant in a life. No matter what happens, at which time, the world keeps on going. It has to." Bruce looked at her with raised eyebrows and his lips twitched. "Somethings need to remain constant, Rukmini." "The only constant that needs to be remained in the world is dharma."

     "What is dharma, pray tell?" Rukmini gave him a half grin and said,"Dharma is a subject whose nuances can be debated for centuries on end." Bruce frowned, "Nothing can be that much complex, can it?" Rukmini laughed,"Many things can be, doctor Banner."

Should I be shocked she just spoke in English? Ah, well, she's Krishn's wife. What did I even expect? Bruce thought as he saw Rukmini leaving him behind with his thoughts.

   The couple had a notorious habit of leaving him in questions, it seemed.

Kaliyug

Stark towers

Author POV

     "What shall we do now?" Thor voiced the question everyone had in their minds.

    Wong said,"If they're legitimately in that period, the most likely thing is that Krishna found them. Being a god and all, I think he would know what this all is about." Pepper sighed,"I really appreciate the thought, Wong, I do, but we can't just sit here, praying to a god to take away all our problems. We need to find a solution."

     Harley cleared his throat and said,"Well, I might have an idea." Carol rolled her eyes,"Might as well say it, kid." "How about we make a team, that can like, I don't know, consult other people, from India itself, seeing as how less we know about this Krishna person, we could really use some help."

   "And what will we do with information about a god that is, right at the moment, missing in action and is perhaps living in the past where our team and a kid is?" Sam pointed out.

    Loki levelled him with a look and said,"Mortal, if you read a story about me and Thor dressing up as ladies and fighting from eons ago, that doesn't mean we're doing that right now. You all didn't hear anything about us until Thor got a punishment for being an oaf. Maybe they're better at keeping themselves hidden than us."

      "They?" Rodhey raised his eyebrows. Pepper rubbed her eyes and said,"We just read about multiple gods existing, James. He's talking about all of them, as a group, not only Krishna." Rodhey nodded in understanding and looked at Loki,"Hey, Loki?" The said god raised an eyebrow, turning away from his girlfriend and looking at the soldier.

     Rodhey said,"If there was a book in your library about Krishna, weren't there any other books? About anything?" Loki shook his head,"We were never allowed to go there in the first place, Colonel. Also, even if there were any books, I am not aware of them as you know, Asgard was destroyed and many possessions, too."

     Bucky threw up his hands in exasperation and groaned,"Why do these things keep happening?" No one had an answer. Stephen's voice cut their internal monologues,"FRIDAY?" The AI answered immediately,"Yes, doctor?" "Could you show me what created the world according to the Indian mythology?"

     Stephen's weird request had left many questions but everyone refrained from asking them as they all knew he would answer soon.

    The blue screens came up instantly and Stephen squinted to read the results. He slid away the screens after seemingly finding his answer and looked at the avengers, "Well, I might have an inkling."