The old man went mad

Dwapar

Hastinapur

Author POV

The thing that Tony loved about the city was the way they didn't even need social media or TVs or anything for the news of their arrival to spread like forest fire. No, no. No sarcasm. Okay, maybe, yes. They reminded Tony of all those old people that his...that Howard knew. Gossip mongers.

As they neared the palace, Steve couldn't help but gawk at the beautifully done architecture. The huge windows and galleries ensured the ventilation and the view too. But what caught his attention was the garden. It was absolutely beautiful. Different colours of flowers adorned the boundaries and the grass seemed more green than he had seen.

Bruce smiled wistfully as he remembered the saying of an old man he had met in Calcutta. "The most beautiful flowers don't have fragrance and those that do, aren't considered beautiful." Bruce found something philosophical in the small fact. What? He couldn't answer. He didn't know. But it just...was something that he felt.

Yagnaseni looked out. This was the Hastinapur that defeated her father. This was the Hastinapur that had made her husband a prince and forgotten him a week after the supposed death. It was no news that Angraj and Gandharnaresh came here often from their own states.

Devrat Bhishm was in a dilemma. What could he do? His children had returned home, after so much time, but they did something unacceptable. He just hoped that Mahadev would give him enough strength to face this one more problem.

As they got out, Peter saw many people standing at the stairs. An old man in white clothes and silver jewellery type things. Another middle aged man was standing beside a woman with... blindfold? Yeah. Blindfold. Oh dear God why was that? Pete, just don't question it. You've heard worse. His subconscious said. He shook his head mentally at that and looked around again.

There was the man... Angraj? And that other man who had stood up for him. And those two who hadn't spoken much. Except some taunts for the other kings. Peter took a deep breath. They lived there. He looked at Govind. He had a small smile on his face but the tense shoulders said another story.

Wanda grunted as she complained about the dress and the jewellery and the palanquin in her head. She stood beside Clint and waited for the oh so important union to happen.

Yuddhisthir took a step and said,"Pranipat, Pitamah, Tatshree, Badi mata, kakashree, kakishree and mamashri. Pranam Angraj." They all stood stiff. Only kakashree and kakishree reciprocated with a smile and,"Kirtiman bhav." Yuddhisthir suppressed a frown. He had known that they would somewhat receive a cold shoulder but it honestly hurt to see them not even looking straight at him.

Steve saw the hard look the elders were giving to Yudi. He honestly wanted to help but he couldn't enter in family matters. Just when the silence became unbearable, the man in white said,"Why did you do this, Yuddhisthir?"

Arjun looked down. Pitamah never called them by their names alone. This was the first time and he'd be the biggest liar if he said it didn't hurt. He swallowed the lump in his throat and looked back up. Pitamah said,"I want an answer, Yuddhisthir. Why would you do this?"

Tony could see the tense shoulders and clenched jaws of the brothers. He could also see the gleeful look on that Leprechaun's face.(do not blame me for back nicknames, plij). So, Tony took a step ahead, in a nonchalant manner, effectively gaining their attention.

Tony said,"Look here, old man, I know for a fact that these people are your practical grandsons who were declared dead and came back just today. Is this the way you treat your grandsons or is something wrong? Because, dude, even my old man won't do this. Greet them. Hug them. I know you're itching to. Don't make a scene, dude. Let them in, let them explain. Come on."

Nakul looked at Tony. How dare he talk to pitamah like that? He moved and put his hand on Tony's shoulder. As soon as his hand touched Tony's shoulder, there was another pale hand around his wrist. He looked to see Peter gently lifting his wrist off Tony. He said,"Whatever he said, was for your own good. Do not make me knock sense into you, Prince."

Peter let go of Nakul's hand and said to the old man,"Oldie, the only thing to listen here is the truth. I, being a non biased person, can tell you anything and everything that happened. Or even Govind can tell you. Don't act without thinking. This is not the way you want this to go."

Bhishm hid his amusement and raised his eyebrows,"Who you might be?" The only man that seemed relatively normal said,"Pranipat. I am Bruce Banner. These are Tony Stark, Peter Parker, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Wanda Maximoff and Steve Rogers. We are all foreigners. We fight the monsters for the gods and have gained immortality as long as we stay in Aryavart. We have met your grandsons and know that they wouldn't do anything like this just by their will, would they? Do you think so?"

Bhishm licked his lips and glanced at Vidur. He said,"Vidur, show the foreigners to their rooms. Panduputras, Panchali and Kunti, come with me." "No offense but can we stay with you? Because I know for a fact none of them would take their own stand in front of you, old man." Tony said. Steve wanted to faceplam with how much trouble Tony was already attracting.

Tony wouldn't have even cared for them if they were not good and weren't forced and still were taking all the critisism as if they deserved it. And ofcourse, Sahdev was a great person to talk to. He was so not letting the boy go to jail or forest just because he did something out of obligation.

The Leprechaun said,"Maharaj, they are outsiders. We can't allow them in our family discussions." "Gandharraj, the guests have requested something. And atithi devo bhav. So you need to respect their wishes, don't you?" Vidur said, effectively shutting up the Leprechaun. (The guests are like gods)

Then, Tony decided, he liked the man's wits.

Heya...yes, exams are still on

But I needed a break so.. here you go abeejs.

Anyways, how was it?

I suppose some comments and thoughts would be good wouldn't they? Looking at silent readers

Hope y'all are doing well,

Until next time byeees and wish me luck.