Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Deal with the Devil

"I'm so sorry... He's always cranky towards new crew members. He doesn't easily trust people that's why a lot of people say that he's hard to work with." Mew explained as we were walking back to the meeting room. "And thank you, for deciding not to tell Luke. He's the best photographer out there and we can't afford him to back out on this project."

"It's no problem really. It was kind of my fault, I didn't introduce myself to him first." I said.

I laughed internally at myself. I didn't even know why I did that. Kissing THE Bright Vachirawit because what? He was drunk and I wanted to help? What was I thinking? I should've just let him puke his heart out in the restroom and let him get an earful from his manager.

"Hmm, what did you do to him anyway? Why was he so mad?"

I sighed and chose not to answer. Mew was the one who opened the door to the meeting room again. I kept my head down when we entered the room until I was beside Luke.

"What took you so long?" He asked.

I shook my head, not wanting to answer.

"Why are you here?" Bright's voice echoed the whole room.

I bit my lower lip. I had no choice but to look up because I was sure as hell that his question was directed to me. His dark eyes were staring at me fiercely, like a predator spying on his prey.

"I..." My mind can't process any words all of a sudden.

"I said, why are you here?" He repeated, this time, anger was evident in his voice.

"Is there a problem?" Luke interrupted and then he turned to look at me. "Win?"

I opened my mouth but nothing was coming out.

Fortunately, Mew was there to save me. "Ah, Luke! There is no problem, don't worry. We all bumped into each other in the restroom and I didn't get the chance to introduce them. How 'bout you do it?"

Luke eyed me suspiciously but I only smiled at him. Just like Mew, I can't afford for Luke to back out on this project, too. If he chooses to cancel this, then I will have no job again. I already promised my mom that I'll make her quit selling fruits and vegetables in the market soon, so if Luke quits, I don't know how I'll be able to earn for my family.

That is why I need to endure everything, especially since I am only starting. I need to endure all of the problems I will face because I promised my mom I will make her proud by finally doing what I love to do. If succeeding om the end means that I'll have to work with Bright, who I know is going to probably make my life a living hell, then so be it. I can take it.

I smiled at Luke to assure him.

"Everyone," He squeezed my shoulder. "This is Win, my new assistant photographer. He'll help me with the photoshoots so, whenever I'm not around, ask him. Okay? He's as great as me so you all don't need to worry."

"I want another photographer." Bright interrupted.

Luke raised a brow. "Excuse me?"

"Bright?" Mew laughed, "We can't do that. We need to release the teaser photos for the series as soon as possible. It has been long overdue and the management is going to kill us if we don't do this now."

"I don't care. Find a different one." He said coldly.

"Do we have a problem here, Bright?" Luke asked, he's clearly not liking the way how Bright was acting and I was already getting nervous. 

"Yes, actually, I do," He said and glared. He started pointing at me, "You want him... to take pictures of me? You want a harasser like him... to take photos of me? Who knows what he will do to them, huh?"