Trust

"Oh why must a man like that be made unhappy when there are lots of girls about who would worship the very ground he trod on?"

■●•~Bram Stocker~•●■

Electric pulses ran through my whole body on his touch.
His hands were big and warm like a bear and my whole hand got vanished into his hand as he give mine a squeeze.

I gasped and open my eyes.

"Hi!". He greeted me with a smile.

I looked at him and that was all I could only do. I was deeply intimidated by his looks. He was looking ravishing. He smelled of fresh cologne and sandalwood.
His dress shirt was hardly containing his macular body.

I tried to get up and sit. He rose from the seat and helped me.

"How are you Tasha?" He sat near me again.

"I am feeling good. Much better now. Thank you August for saving my life." I replied with a weakened voice.
"I cannot imagine what would have happened if you weren't there." I looked into his eyes.

"I guess you were lucky then." He smiled.

"I am forever grateful to you August. You saved my life and brought me here. You did a lot for me. I don't know how to pay you back." I said in a grateful tone.

"You can pay me back by joining CIA." He chuckled.

"Really! Am I hired?" I became overwhelmed with joy.

"Yes! Kind of. I am convincing Sloane into hiring you. Don't worry you will be a part of it soon." He said.

"Thank you so much August. Again." I said. I was kind of feeling embarrassed on how much he did for me.

"Anyways. Did you eat anything? Are you taking proper meals?" He asked.

"Yes. They are taking really good care of me." I replied.

"I couldn't come to see you early because of my regime. I was too busy. Here is your cell phone." He took out my cell phone from his pocket and handed it over to me.

"I found it in your purse. It was with me the whole time. I guess its time to return it." He said with a grin.

"Oh thank you. I was wondering if I lost it." I smiled while switching it on.

"I got to go now. I'll come again to take you. Take good care of yourself." He stood up and turned around to go.

"August!" I called him.

He turned around to face me.

"Thanks again."

"I was wondering why are you doing so much for me. I- I know it doesn't sound good to ask you but why me? I mean I am just an ordinary girl." I stammered.

"I don't have any answer to that. Some things must remain un- answerable." He put his hands into the pockets of his dress pant.

I could just look at him like a question mark on my face.

"You suffered a lot already and I think its time for you to be at peace now Tasha." He explained.