Instead I just look down at my feet and fight back the tears that want to come flooding out of my eyes.

I won't give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry over something Pansy said.

"That's what I thought." Pansy says before walking off.

I hear Malfoy shuffle a little and then I hear Professor Snape unlock the door.

"Sit where you sit in class, take out your paper and copy the notes off the board into your notes." He says. "I have to go see Dumbledore but I'm locking the door. You better be here when I get back."

He walks out of the room, slamming the door behind him and locking it.

Awesome.
End Of POV

Draco's POV
Pansy and a lot of the other Slytherins think that Maya is only hanging around us to figure out who is a death eater and who isn't, then reporting back to her brother. I thought that for a while too because it made sense and I know Potter would sink that low to get information on us. I don't really know Maya so I can't say if she would do it or not. However, I don't believe it anymore.

The night I heard her talking in her sleep changed my mind about that theory. Potter thinks she's like us. He doesn't trust her either. Of course Pansy will not see it that way until she proves it but I didn't think she'd come right out and tell her what she and everyone else thinks. Pansy is a bitch but she's not usually bold. Not like that.

I look to Maya as the words come out of Pansy's mouth, waiting for her to respond but she just looks at her feet. That won't help her. Pansy was waiting to see how she responded so she can go back and tell everyone else.

When Pansy walks off I wanted to say something. I wanted to say that I don't believe that anymore but then Professor Snape shows up, late to his own detention.

He lets us in and tells us what to do but then leaves again. He seems angry? I mean he's always fucking angry. Anyone who is on our position is always fucking angry but he seems more angry than normal.

He left us alone... in detention? We could just leave.

The room feels very tense, probably because of the conversation her and Pansy had outside.

"Not everyone thinks that by the way." I find myself saying, breaking the tense silence.

She looks up from her paper at me and raises an eye brow. Her eyes are puffy and red. Looks like she's been fighting back tears.

"What Pansy said." I continue. "Not everyone believes it."

"Sure." She says and looks back down at her work.

"Theo doesn't." I say. She laughs.

"Of course Theo doesn't. He actually knows me." She says without looking up.

There was a long pause before either of us spoke again. She was right. Theo was the only one who actually knew her. I've never seen her actually hangout with her brother or anyone else besides us.

"Do you believe it?" She asks as she puts her quill down and turns her chair to face me.

"I don't know."