forty five

We've been at Draco's Aunt's house and although she is very welcoming and kind, I don't want to be here. I mean, yeah it's better than my Aunt and Uncles house but it's kind of... weird being here. I miss going to the Weasley's house. It's been so long since I have been there.. and I know they wouldn't want me back since... I mean, Harry has most likely told them everything.

Every day I wake up with a terrible feeling in my gut. It's been a week and the dark lord hasn't called any of us. We're assuming he's mad that Draco wasn't the one to kill Dumbledore but we're waiting for him to call him. Instead, we've been completely shut out. Blaise assumes that he's waiting to call on Draco until he knows how he's going to punish him.

In the back of my mind... I know what he's going to chose to do.

Crucio.

Every day I'm trying my best to pull myself together, mostly for Draco. We're all terrified but I need to pull myself together so we can move forward... we need to be strong for when it comes to the next part of this.

"You think too much, Potter." Draco says as he enters the room and sees me sitting in a chair, looking outside.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"No. Don't be sorry." He says as he crosses the room. "What were you thinking of?"

"The Weasley's." I say, not looking up at him as he sits down beside me and places a hand on my leg.

"I'm sorry, Maya." He says quietly.

"Draco... it's not your fault." I say but he shakes his head.

"All I had to do was keep hating you and you wouldn't be in this position." Draco admits. "I hate myself for that."

"Draco-"

"Please... let me finish." He says and I nod my head.

"I didn't want to push you away... and hate you but I also didn't want to bring you into this mess." He says. "But since we got close, I've been so happy. You make me so happy, Potter."

I smile.

"I'm so so sorry that you are losing everyone that you considered family at one point. I never meant to do that to you."

"Draco... no." I cut in. "I was thinking about how Harry is telling them everything that he saw that night. They're going to hate me when they don't know the whole story."

I notice Draco frown slightly. I know he feels guilty but I just wish he would see how happy he makes me. How much I care for him.

There was a long moment of silence between the two of us until he finally spoke up.

"Owl Fred."

"What...?"

"Send him a letter, Maya. Ask him to meet you or ask him to hear your side."

"But. I mean.. is that okay?"

"I think it's what you need to do." He says carefully.

"Okay..." I say. "Um. Thanks.."

"Write the letter and I'll find you an owl, okay?" He says calmly.