5

Omniscient
Kehlani hummed to herself as she makes her way through the crowd of loud students to Ms. Anderson's room. She has been so busy with college apps, scholarships, and school work that she completely forgot about the extracurricular opportunity Ms.Anderson mentioned.

"Good afternoon Ms.Kehlani, long time no see." Ms Anderson said smirking at Kehlani. She was happy that she finally started to eat lunch in the cafeteria and interact with her peers.

"Good afternoon Ms. A, you kicked me to the curb a month ago. You miss me huh?" Kehlani stated grabbing a small Gatorade out of the mini fridge. The room smelled of french vanilla candles and the loud stench of freshly made coffee thanks to the small keurig in the corner.

"Girl you could at least ask, before you go grabbing my things." the teacher said clicking away on her laptop. Soon enough the clicking came to a halt and a piece of paper was spit out of the printer accented with small words in fresh ink. Anderson fanned the paper lightly in the air and then gave it to Kehlani.

   Sitting down her Gatorade, she flipped the paper and began to take a look at it. A frown unconsciously fell upon her face as she read the name of the student she would be tutoring. Lamelo Ball.The paper also listed the content  she would be helping with and a study schedule.

"Is there a problem?" The teacher asked curiously.

"No, there isn't" Kehlani said practically forcing a small smile on her face. She didn't feel like diving into her irrelevant beef with Melo. Tutoring was only one hour and it could stay strictly school. No personality involved.

"Thank you ms.Anderson I'm going to catchup with my friends." Kehlani said as she slid the sheet into a folder and placed it into her backpack. She reached over and gave her a hug.

"Have a good day Lani." Anderson said as she busied herself with the stack of ungraded papers occupying her desk. Kehlani rushed out of the classroom as she was pulled back by pair of strong arms.

"Why you moving so fast Lil girl?" Mikey whispered in her ear as he pulled her into his chest. His breath smelled like wintergreen gum and sent chills down the young girls spine.

"I-I was going to meet Trinity." She said looking up into his eyes. He smiled and wrapped a armed around her and they both continued walking. When they made it to the cafeteria Kehlani spotted Trinity waving her arms to get Kehlanis attention. This caused her to laugh as she rubbed the sides of her arm due to the cold temperature of the room.

" I'm about to go play basketball with the guys you good?" Mikey asked.

"Yes Michael, i'm fine." She said looking up at him.

"Here." he said taking off his Nike jacket and handing it to her.

"Awwww, you care about me!" She said smiling.

"Yeah yeah and you better stop using my government." He smirked walking away. She laughed to herself and slid on the jacket. It drowned her but at least she was warm. In a swift manner she made her way over to Trinity. When she sat down Trinity had this smirk on her face.

"Hey girl."

"Don't 'hey girl' me I want the tea on what's up with you mike." She said crossing her arms . This cause Kehlani to laugh.

"Trinity nothing is going on. We're just friends."

"Mhm.. whatever" Trinity said waving her off. Before Kehlani could go on two other girls approached the table.

"Whatever at least I'm not fantasizing over corny ass TikTok boys." One of them said as she rolled her eyes and adjusted her curly hair out of her face.