Chapter 1: A New World

November 6, 2022. That's when everything started. I never expect that my life would turn out this way, but... life is full of surprises. What can I say, right? That day was just like another day, I was streaming news about this new MMO that came out. It was Sword Art Online, the first game ever that use a FullDive system where the player will transport to a complete Virtual Reality world, or VR for short. I don't really have an interest in this game, but my little sister insists that I must see it. She was one of 1000 beta testers that lucky enough to experience Sword Art Online (SAO) first hand. Even though I keep saying no, but eventually she manages to convince me to try it. If you're wondering why I'm saying no, the answer is because, in a few weeks, I have a test for a scholarship in a very famous university. It's been three months since I stop playing games, well at least I'm planning to start playing games again after I finished my test. When my sister said that it's just for one day, I think, why not. After all, I do deserve a little break.

Just as I saw a bunch of people waiting to buy the game on the news, suddenly my phone rang. I noticed that I got a new mail just came in, "Onii-sama, it appears that I got stuck in the traffic right now. Alfred is trying his best to get us out of here. Unfortunately, that will take a while. I know that you are very eager to start playing the game. But, please don't start without me. I want you to share your first diving experience with me. So, can you just wait for another hour? Pretty please? \\>.<// "

"Can't promise you anything. Have fun with the traffic! :P" I send my replies, after a few seconds my phone started ringing again, and this time it was a phone call. I look at the name and I saw that it was my sister. She probably calling to make sure that I will not leave her behind. Well, too bad for her. After all those months I spent enduring myself not playing a game, I can't wait any longer. I turn off my phone, and grabbed my NerveGear, it was a device made by Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of Sword Art Online himself, so that the player can do a FullDive into that world. The NerveGear design is similar to a motorcycle helmet coated in dark blue. I put it on, plug in all the connectors, and lay myself on the bed. I close my eyes and prepare to dive. But after a few minutes, nothing happened.

"Ehm... So... How do I start?" I asked myself. I remember hearing my sister say something before she starts diving. Arghh, I groan in annoyance, maybe next time I should just read the manual first. I was about to get up when suddenly I remember what my sister used to say. "Oh yeah! I remember, ehmm... I think she said, Link Start?"

As soon as I said the word, my mind is diving into the Virtual Reality world. The system is checking for the function making sure everything is all right. After a few adjustments, they threw me into the Language selection menu, and then they asked me to create an account. I fill every form to make the account, I then create my avatar to look as badass as possible. Next, I arrived at the Avatar Nickname section. I was thinking about it for a while and then I decide to go as (N/n). Yeah, that sounds just right. I klick Yes and finally... Welcome to Sword Art Online!

...

...

...

Floor 1 – Town of Beginnings

I slowly open my eyes and I can see a fast area with a bunch of people around, there sure a lot of people here. Some of them were chatting with each other, while some were trading things, while the others having a good time. The game teleports me to this big town where every new player starts their journey. I look around and I cannot believe how real it is, I can feel the air around me, I can feel my feet touching the ground and I can even feel my skin touching the clothes. Honestly, if I don't know that this is a Virtual World, I probably would never believe it. 

Suddenly a menu pops up in front of me.

"Do you want to go with a tutorial?" I read the menu text before it gave me two button options, which are yes or no.