Chapter Yuna 1: Just Me and You

(AN: Once again thanks for the vote guys! Here is a new chapter for her. The beginning of Yuna's route. Hope you enjoy this one. Happy reading!)

February 10, 2023. Floor 19 – Ralberg Town Inn

Midnight

Yuna was laying on the bed, dressed in her pajama and wrapped in her new coat, ready to rest for the day. But unfortunately for her, it's not as easy as it sounds. Every time she tries to close her eyes, her minds wander to an event prior few minutes before she enters her room.

"Would you like to stay in my room?"

Those word echo in her head. She couldn't believe that she managed to say that to him with a straight face. Just thinking about it heats up her face. She grabs a pillow and burry her head in it, trying to wash away that embarrassing memory.

"AAAAAA!!!" She screams through the pillow. Trying to calm herself down. Fortunately, the room is supposed to be soundproof, unless someone put an ear on her door, they wouldn't be able to hear her. Or maybe not, she screams pretty loud...

After a moment for herself, she managed to calm down. Taking a deep breath, she then looks up to the ceiling, hugging the pillow tight on her chest.

"I hope he doesn't find me weird..." She mutters.

She rolls her body to the right and found her eyes landed on the lute at the edge of the room.

"(N/n)..." Now her mind wonders to him. "I know I shouldn't be that bold... but if I didn't start doing something, I would lose to Asuna."

She let out a sigh. She knows that it was a losing game to try to win (N/n)'s heart. How in the world she could ever win against Asuna? She was his partner from the beginning of this game. She was always there for him when he needs him the most. She's kind, beautiful, and strong. She's the perfect woman.

And what about Yuna? She was just a low-level player, some random girl that he chooses to help. It's true that she's better now, she can hold her own, but it's all thanks to him. Compared to Asuna, she was nothing... at least that's what she thought. And that thought consumes her, the thought of never being enough, never being equal to him, it's just hurt... But it didn't stop her from wanting to help him. It didn't stop her from wanting to try. It may look like she helps him because she feels obligated to do so, since it was him that help her. She wants to repay the debt. But even when it's not for the debt, she still wants to help him. She wants to be there for him. In her eyes, (N/n) is her hero. That one knight in shining armor comes to her rescue, but as time goes by, she realized that he was not a hero.

Hero was this perfect person who never prevail in every situation, the hope, the power, and the protector of his people. And (N/n) wasn't that person, he's just another guy trying to do good for his friend, a guy who would offer his help to those who need them. (N/n) was not perfect, he has some flaws, he's wanting to be strong, and he appears to be one, but underneath, he's vulnerable. He gave people hope, and in the process, people start calling him a hero. Putting a burden, he doesn't even want to carry. In another word, he was just a good guy, who doesn't want to let people down.

Even if he's not a hero, he was one for her. Whatever happened it would never change the fact that (N/n) was the one who save her, the one who guide her, the one who made her who she was today. With that kind of history, it's hard to not fall for him. He got the charm, he got the look, he got everything she wants in a man. It's true he has one or two flaws, but those flaws made her fall deeper for him.

Every day, her mind always wanders to that person, even when she doesn't want to. (N/n), that even wasn't his real name. But just calling it, hearing the word, picturing the look on his face, always bring peace and comfort to her. Every time she feels down, all she needs to do was remember his smiling face and all those troubles would wash away.