𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.━━━ last dance

Start from the beginning

Some shrieked when wooden stakes, protruded through them or their hearts were ripped out and left to lie on the floor. While others scattered for cover or tried to pursue the newcomer. It was definitely another vampire, the way it moved but why would a vampire turn against his/her clan?

Immediately, Alec and Isabelle, tore away from the falling vampires and rushed to her, before they could make it Isabelle disappeared. Yes, disappeared. Kiara cried out in shock and fear clawed Alec's chest, as he looked around feverishly, for his sister. Before he knew it, he was gone too, Kiara winced when, she tried to get up but groaned again, instead she reached for her stele and activated the healing rune. 

Relief was short lived however, though Kiara could feel her skin knit back together and the pain fade. Kiara had lost a lot of blood in a short period of time. Before she could debate what to do next, cold but strangely familiar hands gripped her waist and flung her over their shoulder. 

Kiara held on tight when she felt the wind knocked out of her and she was speeding, faster than a demon through the hallways. Darting up staircases, and leaping through doorways. Finally, Kiara was lowered gently onto the floor.

She looked up, Kiara caught only the faintest trace of icy blue, before the vampire speeded away from her, retreating into the shadows. Cursing under her breath, Kiara, with the help of a decorative obsidian statue, heaved herself up. Footsteps echoed across the corridor and Kiara twisted, defensively on the spot, raising her twin blades.

"I thought we had a special connection, mi amor." Isabelle teased dramatically.

"I love you too, Iz." Kiara sheathed her kindjals. "Why would a vampire betray his clan for us though? Not that I'm complaining."

"I knew it," said Alec, steeping into view. "You were a liability from the start."

"I know but funny thing...I'm still alive." Before Alec could say another word, Kiara continued, "Alec, as much as I hate to interrupt your night with my death; I am coming, you can't stop me." 

Alec let out a groan of frustration and wrung his hands in the air.

"I don't care if you want to come because what you want, doesn't matter to me! Let me do my duty and I'll save the mundane!" Alec yelled, for once Kiara had nothing to say and she hated it. Weak again. 

 "Don't you care, that the only reason you're alive is by a chance of luck? Luck that's about to run out. I don't care if you have sit and wait doing nothing, just stay out of the way! You're weak, whether or not you admit it, in fact you're even worse. You don't know what you are." Alec spat venomously. You're not a Shadowhunter, a mundane or just about anything. You of all people, don't know anything about yourself or you're damn well good at hiding it. I-"

"ALEC!" Isabelle shouted at her brother, he didn't spare her a look. Instead, he studied Kiara's face for the slightest change in expression in exchange for the blank and stony one she had on now. 

Mask, after mask. Each expression a lie and a dream. How was she supposed to keep the act any longer before she snapped... Kiara had promised herself... 

"What the hell is wrong with you!" Isabelle ranted. "This is not you-- and you know that! How on the Angel could you even--"

"It's okay..." Kiara finally managed, her face remained fixed and stoic but her eyes gave it away. Alec had got to her... after all these year, some boy she just met... hurt her. She probably deserved it in someway. Isabelle glanced at her, confused and angry.

"Okay? No Kiara, it's far from okay. This is not a-"

"I said, 'it's okay... Come on, we're wasting time." Kiara lied more confidently. Without hesitating, she strode past the brother and sister. Kiara didn't dare look at them, her emotion were soon to get the better of her and she didn't want them to see that. Prove to them she was weak after all.