𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.━━━ wonderland lied

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Looking Glass"

"Answers, now."

"Not yet."

Not yet? Not yet? I am a freak as a mundane. As a Downworlder. As a Shadowhunter. I have memories—bubbling under the surface that want to tell me something—but I can't reach them.AS if I'm drowning. Everything since I have arrived proved that you have been spinning fake memories into me, Simon, and Clary so I'd believe that I've never met you. I have believed my whole life that I ran away from my real parents, only for that TO ALSO BE A LIE."

"Kiara I understand—"

"No Magnus. You don't! Do you have any idea what this feels like? How could you? I can't trust anyone. I never could but the thing is I could always trust myself but now my own mind is tampered and violated. And that just makes me so—just so—mad! So please. I. Need. Answers."

"Alright. But I'm warning you now, Kitten. The answers you seek will only hurt and you remember enough to know hurting you was never my intention."

"The truth however terrible or beautiful is the truth, Magnus. I want the truth. And you should have thought about that before you took my memories."

"So, it begins."

***

Kiara didn't like her room in the Institute. Sure, it was comfortable and had everything she need from a large, velvet blanketed bed to a bathroom that she did not have to share for once. Yet it lacked the things that made it hers. A safe place. Rather it was a uniformed somebody amongst a everybody that had no piece of her in the walls or the colors. Which is probably why she couldn't sleep. Or bring herself to dwell in thought without the irrational feeling of someone watching her through the smallest crack.

She wanted to cry. Yet, crying meant it was real and Kiara rather stretch her denial for as long as possible. In the end she settled for a game of chess. Kiara fancied that game when ever she wanted to occupy her mind and busy it so she couldn't think about what really furrowed her brow. A game she hadn't needed in a while.

Kiara had borrowed a set from Jace. She was surprised he had it at all but then again she couldn't just assume she knew him after what, two days? She had no one to play against. So, she opposed herself. Much like what she felt these days. Each side played its hardest and with most cunning until they both gave out in a stalemate. It was pointless, senseless, and fruitless, but it gave her company, anyhow.

Kiara had been biting her lip in thought and was about to sacrifice her long enduring black knight to free a course for her black queen. Before a knock rapped against her door. Kiara glided over and opened it to meet Alec who had an ever so constant, unreadable demeanor.